4. J Endocrinol Invest. 2004 Jan;27(1):42-6. Investigation of the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis (HPA) by 1 microg ACTH test and metyrapone test in patients with primary fibromyalgia syndrome. Calis M, Gokce C, Ates F, Ulker S, Izgi HB, Demir H, Kirnap M, Sofuoglu S, Durak AC, Tutus A, Kelestimur F. Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Department of Medical Sciences, University of Erciyes, Kayseri, Turkey.
5. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2002 Sep;110(6):257-61. History of the endocrine effects of licorice. Armanini D, Fiore C, Mattarello MJ, Bielenberg J, Palermo M.Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences -Endocrinology University of Padua, Italy.
6. J Pharmacol Sci. 2003 Dec;93(4):458-64. Anti-stress effects of Ginkgo biloba and Panax ginseng: a comparative study. Rai D, Bhatia G, Sen T, Palit G. Division of Pharmacology, Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow, India.
8. Wien Med Wochenschr. 1962 Mar 31;112:259-62.[Experimental tests of a plant extract from Echinacea purpurea Moench as a nonspecific stimulant. With special reference to the effects on the adrenal cortex][Article in German] MOSTBECK A, STUDLAR M.
9. Affect Disord. 1999 Jul;54(1-2):129-37. Differences in adrenal steroid profile in chronic fatigue syndrome, in depression and in health. Scott LV, Salahuddin F, Cooney J, Svec F, Dinan TG.Department of Psychiatry, Trinity College Medical School, Dublin, Ireland.
10. Curr Opin Pharmacol. 2003 Dec;3(6):635-41. Clinical uses and misuses of dehydroepiandrosterone. Binello E, Gordon CM. Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.
11. Altern Med Rev. 2001 Jun;6(3):314-8. DHEA. Monograph.[No authors listed]
14. Whitney EN Cataldo CB and Rolfes SR (2002) Understanding Normal and Clinical Nutrition (6th edition) Wadsworth
15. Padayatty SJ Doppman JL Chang R Wang Y Gill J Papanicolaou DA Levine M (2007) Human adrenal glands secrete vitamin C in response to adrenocorticotrophic hormone American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 86(1):145-9
From Fatigued to Fantastic, Jacob Teitelbaum, M.D.