1. Gut Fermentation (or the "Auto-brewery") Syndrome: A New Clinical Test with Initial Observations and Discussion of Clinical and Biochemical Implications. Hunnisett A, Howard J, Davies S. J. Nutr. Med. 1990;1:33-38
2. Leaky gut in alcoholic cirrhosis: a possible mechanism for alcohol-induced liver damage. Keshavarzian A, Holmes EW, Patel M, Iber F, Fields JZ, Pethkar S. Department of Medicine (Division of Gastroenterology), Loyola University Medical School, Maywood, Illinois 60153, USA.
3 . J Pharm Belg. 2003;58(1):28-31. [St. Mary's Thistle: an overview] [Article in French], Laekeman G, De Coster S, De Meyer K.
4 . Alternation of hepatic antioxidant enzyme activities and lipid profile in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats by supplementation of dandelion water extract. Cho SY, Park JY, Park EM, Choi MS, Lee MK, Jeon SM, Jang MK, Kim MJ, Park YB. Department of Food and Nutrition, Yeungnam University, Kyongsan 712-749, South Korea.
5 . Toxicol Sci. 2004 Apr 28. Acetaminophen-Induced Oxidant Stress and Cell Injury in Cultured Mouse Hepatocytes: Protection by N-Acetyl Cysteine. Bajt ML, Knight TR, Lemasters JJ, Jaeschke H. Liver Research Institute, University of Arizona, College of Medicine, Tucson, AZ 85724.
6 . Nakashima T, Taniko T, Kuriyama K. Therapeutic effect of taurine administration on carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatic injury. Jpn J Pharmacol 1982;32:583-589.
7. Matsuyama Y, Morita T, Higuchi M, Tsujii T. The effect of taurine administration on patients with acute hepatitis. Prog Clin Biol Res 1983;125:461-468.
8. Abnormal Gut Fermentation: Laboratory Studies Reveal Deficiency 0f B Vitamins, Zinc and Magnesium. Eaton KK, McLaren-Howard J, Hunnisett A, Harris M. J. Nutr. Biochem. 1993;4:635-638
9. Toborek M, Hennig B. Is methionine an atherogenic amino acid? J Optimal Nutr 1994;3:80–3.
12. Klin Med (Mosk). 1998;76(10):45-8. [Clinical trial of heptral in patients with chronic diffuse liver disease with intrahepatic cholestasis syndrome] [Article in Russian] Podymova SD, Nadinskaia MIu.
15. Alcohol Alcohol. 2003 May-Jun;38(3):208-12. Polyenylphosphatidylcholine corrects the alcohol-induced hepatic oxidative stress by restoring s-adenosylmethionine. Aleynik SI, Lieber CS. Alcohol Research Center, Section of Liver Disease and Nutrition, Bronx VA Medical Center and Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA.
16. Curr Med Chem. 2004 May;11(9):1135-46. Lipoic acid as a potential therapy for chronic diseases associated with oxidative stress. Smith AR, Shenvi SV, Widlansky M, Suh JH, Hagen TM. Dept. of Biochemistry and Biophysics and the Linus Pauling Institute, 571 Weniger Hall, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon 97331, USA.
19. Oral supplementation with whey proteins increases plasma glutathione levels in HIV-infected patients. Micke P, Beeh KM, Schlaak JF, Buhl R. Pulmonary Division, III. Medical Department, Mainz University Hospital, D-455101 Mainz, Germany.
20. Arztl Wochensch. 1954 Jan 8;9(2):35-8. Successful therapy of liver hemosiderosis with raw liver extract. JORGENSEN G. PMID: 13124188 [PubMed - OLDMEDLINE for Pre1966]
21 . Gastroenterologia. 1960;93:300-22. On the therapy of chronic liver diseases with raw liver extract. [Article in German]. KRENTZ K. PMID: 14411938 [PubMed - OLDMEDLINE for Pre1966]
22. J Altern Complement Med. 2002 Apr;8(2):167-73. A multicentered, open-label trial on the safety and efficacy of methylsulfonylmethane in the treatment of seasonal allergic rhinitis. Barrager E, Veltmann JR Jr, Schauss AG, Schiller RN. GENESIS Center for Integrative Medicine, Graham, WA, USA.
The Nutrition Reporter (www.thenutritionreporter.com)