1. Arthritis Rheum. 1987 Oct;30(10):1132-6. The "chronic, active Epstein-Barr virus infection" syndrome and primary fibromyalgia. Buchwald D, Goldenberg DL, Sullivan JL, Komaroff AL. Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA 02115.
2. J Rheumatol. 2001 Mar;28(3):601-3. Comparison of viral antibodies in 2 groups of patients with fibromyalgia. Wittrup IH, Jensen B, Bliddal H, Danneskiold-Samsoe B, Wiik A. Parker Research Institute, Department of Rheumatology, Frederiksberg University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
3. Cytokines play an aetiopathogenetic role in fibromyalgia: a hypothesis and pilot study D. J. Wallace, M. Linker-Israeli, D. Hallegua, S. Silverman, D. Silver and M. H. Weisman
Department of Medicine/Division of Rheumatology, Cedars–Sinai Medical Center/UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
4. Lymphocyte Markers and Natural Killer Cell Activity in Fibromyalgia Syndrome: Effects of Low-Dose, Sublingual Use of Human Interferon-alpha Authors: Russell I.J.; Vipraio G. A.; Michalek J. E.; Craig F. E.; Kang Y-K.; Richards A. B.Source: Journal of Interferon & Cytokine Research, 1 August 1999, vol. 19, no. 8, pp. 969-978(10) Publisher: Mary Ann Liebert, Inc.
5. J Rheumatol Suppl. 1989 Nov;19:23-7.The chronic fatigue syndrome: definition, current studies and lessons for fibromyalgia research. Komaroff AL, Goldenberg D. Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115.
7. J Endocrinol Invest. 2004 Jan;27(1):42-6. Investigation of the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis (HPA) by 1 microg ACTH test and metyrapone test in patients with primary fibromyalgia syndrome. Calis M, Gokce C, Ates F, Ulker S, Izgi HB, Demir H, Kirnap M, Sofuoglu S, Durak AC, Tutus A, Kelestimur F. Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Department of Medical Sciences, University of Erciyes, Kayseri, Turkey.
8. Pain. 1999 Nov;83(2):313-9. Hyposecretion of adrenal androgens and the relation of serum adrenal steroids, serotonin and insulin-like growth factor-1 to clinical features in women with fibromyalgia. Dessein PH, Shipton EA, Joffe BI, Hadebe DP, Stanwix AE, Van der Merwe BA. Rheumatology Unit, Milpark Hospital, Johannesburg, South Africa.
10. Antibiotic-treated mice orally inoculated with one of three Candida albicans strains (including two mutant strains) or indigenous Candida pelliculosa showed levels of candidal gastrointestinal colonization that were strain specific. However, regardless of strain, the numbers of viable candida were intermediate to high in the stomach, were consistently lowest in the upper small intestine, and increased progressively down the intestinal tract
11. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. 2001 Jan;8(1):192-5. Gastrointestinal colonization by Candida albicans mutant strains in antibiotic-treated mice. Wiesner SM, Jechorek RP, Garni RM, Bendel CM, Wells CL. Department of Laboratory Medicine & Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA.
13 . Ter Arkh. 2003;75(11):77-9. [Diagnosis and treatment of intestinal candidiasis] [Article in Russian] Sheviakov MA.
14 . Med Hypotheses. 1995 Jun;44(6):507-15. Chronic intestinal candidiasis as a possible etiological factor in the chronic fatigue syndrome. Cater RE 2nd.
15. Infect Immun. 2004 Sep;72(9):4996-5003. Role of antibiotics and fungal microbiota in driving pulmonary allergic responses. Noverr MC, Noggle RM, Toews GB, Huffnagle GB. Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-0642, USA.
16. Altern Med Rev. 2002 Oct;7(5):410-7. Comment in:
Altern Med Rev. 2003 Feb;8(1):3; author reply 4-5. The treatment of small intestinal bacterial overgrowth with enteric-coated peppermint oil: a case report. Logan AC, Beaulne TM. Integrative Care Centre, 3600 Ellesmere Road, Unit 4, Toronto, ON M1C 4Y8, Canada.
17. Ann Rheum Dis. 2004 Apr;63(4):450-2. A link between irritable bowel syndrome and fibromyalgia may be related to findings on lactulose breath testing. Pimentel M, Wallace D, Hallegua D, Chow E, Kong Y, Park S, Lin HC. GI Motility Program, Divisions of Gastroenterology and Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, CSMC Burns & Allen Research Institute, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA.
18. Curr Rheumatol Rep. 2000 Apr;2(2):104-8. Musculoskeletal injury as a trigger for fibromyalgia/posttraumatic fibromyalgia. Buskila D, Neumann L. Rheumatic Disease Unit, Soroka Medical Center, and Department of Epidemiology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer-Sheva, Israel
19. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2000 Feb;29(4):200-16. Trauma and fibromyalgia: is there an association and what does it mean? White KP, Carette S, Harth M, Teasell RW. Department of Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada.
20. Arthritis Rheum. 1986 Jul;29(7):817-21. Reduced high-energy phosphate levels in the painful muscles of patients with primary fibromyalgia. Bengtsson A, Henriksson KG, Larsson J.