Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hello, a question about AF

Hello, a question about AF 9 years 5 months ago #1

• sarah_09
  • EiR Newbie
Hello you

I have read about adrenal fatigue and I think that the topic was very interesting.

I wanted to ask you if anyone here experience hypoglykema feelings withouth being hypoglykemic really?
Is this typical for adrenal fatigue?

And do you have your symptoms always or episodic?

Thanks for replys :)

Sarah
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Hello, a question about AF 9 years 5 months ago #2

• konnor
  • EiR Senior
I have on occasion and believe it is common with adrenal fatigue.

If you've had chronically high blood sugar levels for a persistent length of time, driving it up from consumption of carbs, the body is likely to become accustomed to these levels. Normal levels are then interpreted as being dangerously low by the body and fight or flight hormones are secreted, fueling part of the negative cycle of adrenal fatigue.

It could also be the velocity of the drop and the bodies response that can bring on symptoms, rather than the reading itself.

Further still, there is a condition known as 'postprandial syndrome' that has the symptoms of hypoglycemia but without the low blood sugar. I haven't come across this much and the treatment is the same as in normal reactive hypoglycemia.

My advice is to stick to a hypoglycemic diet with regular eatings time and avoidance of any foods that will swing blood sugar. After time your body should get use to these new blood sugar levels and you will no longer get symptoms with stable readings. Worth investigating other illnesses that have a blood sugar component if you are still struggling.

Good luck

Re:Hello, a question about AF 9 years 5 months ago #3

• sarah_09
  • EiR Newbie
Hello konnor

Thanks for rep.B)

No I luckily don`t have chronic heightened blood sugar,always in normal range,the highest value was around 120 after eating and about 75 on the lower range.
I have a testing tool at home and I sometimes also measure when I am well. :)

Although eating many fruit,pastries and sometimes also sweets (more or less) my symptoms only occur sometimes to eating less or nothing for some hours.
It depends, and I don`t know on what it depends that this degree of hypoglykemic feeling is always different.

But I have read an article describing some shared symptoms of hyperglykemic feelings and neurotoxicity (and I often have also neurological signs then).
I once took a mental drug and the same symptoms occured soon after two hours.
And I have read another interesting thing, that there are many people (I guess about 7 percent of population) who have another genetic form of cytochrome p450 in the liver (which is a drug metabolizer)and who react more sensitive to drugs,especially psychopharmical ones.

Could be an explanation for the thing with the drug, the other thing with eating has some other causes I think.
And I suspect adrenal fatigue (don`t remember again if it was ruled out) ,maybe see the doctor after the Christmas and New Years days.

But at the moment I am not sick,I feel very well and didn`t have problems for longer time, but I don`t know when it is the next time for heart,nerves and brain to freak out.

I wish you a healthy Christmas and a happy New Year! :)

Sarah

Re:Hello, a question about AF 9 years 5 months ago #4

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi guys,

I'm not sure about the first part of Konnor's reply with the body interpreting normal blood sugar levels as low after prolonged production of high levels through a high carb diet. I'd have to see some research on that.

I agree with everything else though amd the hypoglycaemic diet is a diet that has many health benefits even for those who already consider themselves healthy - it reduces risk of metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes as well as cardiovascular disease.

The reason hypoglycaemia is associated with so many brain-related symptoms is because the brain relies on glucose for fuel. Other cells can use fats instead. The brain is therefore the first to be affected when blood glucose gets too low and you experience symptoms such as dizziness, confusion, weakness, faintness etc.

Adrenal fatigue and hypoglycaemia also go hand in hand because it is the adrenal glands, liver and pancreas which regulate blood sugar levels - keeping them in balance through the action of various hormones. If you have adrenal fatigue this causes abnormal levels of adrenal hormones (either high or low depending on the stage of adrenal fatigue) which disrupts blood sugar control and can cause hypoglycaemia.

I hope this makes sense. Let us now if you need more help ;)
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds