Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Phosphatidylserine for high evening cortisol

Re: Phosphatidylserine for high evening cortisol 7 years 2 months ago #7

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 20
Thanks for the update. Great to hear you are already seeing some positive results. It sounds like with a little experimentation with dose and timing you'll this will be a real help for you.

I should be receiving my supplement order by the end of the week so will report back myself when I've given it a week or so. I didn't notice much at 100mg when I took PS previously so I will most likely start at 200mg 30 minutes to an hour before bed. They seem to use 400mg+ in all the studies so plenty of scope for ramping up.

Good luck!
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Phosphatidylserine for high evening cortisol 7 years 2 months ago #8

• TheStache
  • EiR Junior
Quick update: I am continuing with 1x 100mg pill in the evening and 1 before bed, and have seen some great results! Not only does the PS seem to be dulling the high cortisol response in the evening, but it is strengthening my stress response overall. I have seen a moderate increase in my ability to handle mental and physical stress.

I have not experimented with going beyond 200mg per day, but this regiment seems to be working.

Re: Phosphatidylserine for high evening cortisol 7 years 2 months ago #9

• Maff
  • Administrator
Hye, thanks for another update. I really am very interested in how you're getting on with this.

It's brilliant to hear you are getting such great results at 200mg per day, which is less than was used in most of the studies I have seen to achieve significant cortisol lowering effects. I don't know how you feel about it but I think the fact this treatment is improving your overall stress tolerance is perhaps the best benefit of all. This may well be to do with better sleep or it could be an independent effect of more balanced cortisol output throughtout the day. Either way, birlliant news, I'm really happy for you!

I have just received a big box of supplements today actually, which includes 120 caps of 100mg PS. I am first planning to give DHEA and perhaps hydrocortisone (prescribed by my doctor) and go to support my adrenal function and hopefuly induce a normal dirunal rhythm...but I will introduce the PS (aloing with melatonin) at some point. No point trying everything at once or you never know what is doing what.

Keep me updated on your progress and and I'll do the same. Take care.

Re: Phosphatidylserine for high evening cortisol 7 years 1 month ago #10

• Maff
  • Administrator
Hey,

I had to give up on the hydrocortisone as I found it was just too stimulating. I went from not being able to wake up in the morning to being awake at 6am and feeling wired. I only took 10mg for a few days as well!

Anyway, decided to try things from the other end so to speak. So the past few nights I have made the effort to get to bed early and taken 400mg of PS and 2mg of melatonin...and wow!! I have not felt so relaxed at bedtime in years. It actually felt like my body was ready to sleep which is a minor miracle! Additionally I have woken at a reasonable time and felt a little more rested than usual. Hopefully these benefits will only increase with continued use!

Hope you're still seeing the benefits you reported previously.

Re: Phosphatidylserine for high evening cortisol 7 years 1 month ago #11

• TheStache
  • EiR Junior
Great news about the changes in your circadian cycle! I had very similar "wired" results with hydrocortisone, until I found a good dosage that worked for me, which was anywhere from 2.5 to 5.0 mg in the morning. Not sure if you have the ability to cut the pill down to that dosage, but it may be worth experimenting.

If you recall from my other thread, I ended up getting off of hydrocortisone after about 3 months and transitioning to Rhodiola and DHEA in the morning/afternoon and PS in the evening. That combination has been a good transition for me, but I am sure my body needed those first months on hydrocortisone to prime me for progress.

Are you taking DHEA in the morning at all? Similar to the hydrocorisone, I found that a low dosage (3mg sublingually) works best without giving any wired/jittery reactions.

Re: Phosphatidylserine for high evening cortisol 7 years 1 month ago #12

• Maff
  • Administrator
Unfortunately I spoke too soon and my circadian cycle is still not great...late to bed and late to rise. Admittedly I could make a lot more effort to go to take the PS and melatonin earlier and get to bed earlier. However, it's very hard to fight against your body's (un)natural rhythm. I will stick with it however. The PS definitely has a very relaxing and calming effect that along with melatonin is great for inducing sleep.

I struggle with taking the hormones I need, hydrocortisone and DHEA, as my liver just can't handle any extra burden. Few days on a decent dose of those and I've got serious abdominal pain, painful bowel movements, very pale stools and a hint of jaundice. Best to leave alone I think...

I am taking tribulus 750mg twice a day so I'll stick with that and the PS and melatonin for now. I've given rhodiola a couple of decent length trials and it did nothing for me unfortunately.

Very good to hear that you are managing to strike a balance. Hopefully you'll only get better from here on in.

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds