Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Testing for Adrenal Fatigue

Re:Testing for Adrenal Fatigue 9 years 3 months ago #19

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi David,

My studies are nearly killing me but I've come so far and am still doing well grade-wise that there's no way I am quitting now! I am however having to think seriously about deferring my dissertation until next year to ensure I have at least some time to keep things ticking over here at EIR!

Sorry to hear the DHEA doesn't seem to be having an effect for you. The effects of hormones that act on the cell nucleus (e.g. DHEA, cortisol, thyroid hormones) do increase over time with chronic use but I would expect you to have seen some improvement after nearly 6 weeks. DHEA has been shown to improve GABA activity in the brain. GABA is the major inhibitory neurotransmitter that tends to decrease anxiety (although things are much more complicated than that!). Of course if you are under a lot of stress at work that will be counter-acting any effort to treat adrenal fatigue unfortunately.

I'm sure Dr. Myhill will look at your results and consider increasing your dose if your DHEA levels are still low (but only in this case). If they have improved then it would suggest you need to look elsewhere for answers to your symptoms.

Please keep us updated and let us know the results of your ASI re-test.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Vitamin B12 injections 8 years 8 months ago #20

• david
  • EiR Junior
Hi Maff

Its been a long time! Hope you are doing well and beating the studies into submission!
I'm doing ok, on double DHEA after the re-test still showed very low levels and now a third test has indicated my levels are correct.

I feel like for thie first time the foundations are correct.. now its about lifestyle to sort out the rest of my symptoms like less stress & more sleep etc.

Brain fogginess is still a major problem though and I'm looking into Vitamin B12 and magnesium injections to help with this. Dr Myhill can't supply this anymore- do you know of any other contacts for this?

Take care and thanks as always

Re:Testing for Adrenal Fatigue 7 years 9 months ago #21

Is there a way that we can test this without seeing a doctor? I am not sure how this works and am quite confused. Please help!

Ricky
Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Maff.

Re:Testing for Adrenal Fatigue 7 years 9 months ago #22

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi Ricky,

The saliva tests for adrenal cortex hormones (cortisol & DHEA) are widely available from online health stores and other retailers. Amazon is a good place to look. You simply spit into small test tubes at specific times during the day and then mail the samples to the lab directly. No doctor required.

Of course I would always recommend working with a doctor who will be able to interpret your results and recommend appropriate treatment.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds