Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: EI Survivors Needed For UK Newspaper Article

EI Survivors Needed For UK Newspaper Article 2 years 10 months ago #1

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 18
I have been contacted through the site this week by a journalist working for a UK-based news agency who wants to write an article for the British national newspapers with the intent of raising awareness of environmental and invisible illnesses and promoting The Environmental Illness Resource as a source of information and support.

If you are British and struggling with multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS), sick building syndrome (SBS) and/or Candida (yeast) / gut fermentation issues - or simply suspect you are - and would like to tell your story to the public of the UK and beyond then please get in touch by emailing This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I will forward your details to the reporter.

This is a great opportunity to raise awareness of our silent struggles so if you are able please do let me know. You will most likely only be asked to answer a handful of questions via email or asked to have a short chat on the phone. The reporter is on our side and I will personally be involved with composing the final article so please don't have any reservations regarding the tone of the piece. Let's make a difference!
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill
The administrator has disabled public write access.

EI Survivors Needed For UK Newspaper Article 2 years 10 months ago #2

• Jodie
  • Thank you received: 65
Maff, given previous experiences how do we know your 'final article' will be what is printed rather than the journalist's take on it?

EI Survivors Needed For UK Newspaper Article 2 years 10 months ago #3

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 18
Based on previous experience the serious national papers tend to print the article sent by the news agency reporters in full online and edited only for length in print. It is not an editorial piece so they don't tend to tamper with the original.

The tabloids always try to sensationalise stories but I don't see them doing so in this case...it's really a fantastic chance for those affected by environmental and invisible illnesses to make the public aware of their illness and how it impacts their lives.

The reporter will let any participant see a pre-print copy of her article either directly or through myself and give the chance to have it edited if anybody is unhappy with anything before it goes to the papers.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds