Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dosage reccomendations for natural antifungals?

Dosage reccomendations for natural antifungals? 9 years 4 months ago #1

• fishnaked
  • EiR Newbie
I'm hoping to find specific dosage recommendations for essential oils and raw garlic to help combat what seems to be a very stubborn systemic Candida. Are there any websites with medically accepted dosage recommendations?

In looking through info on this site recently and many others for months prior, I believe to have a good understanding of the other aspects of treatment: appropriate diet, probiotics etc, etc.

I have looked at some of the Candida treatment plans on-line. However, before I spend hundreds of dollars on one of those, I'd like to see if a simpler and less expensive method will work for me. I believe the only thing missing from my current self-treatment plan are antifungals.

For what it's worth, I'm male and a battery of medical tests ruled out other problems including parasites.

Thanks,
Fish
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Dosage reccomendations for natural antifungals? 9 years 4 months ago #2

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi Fish,

Welcome to the forums ;)

I'll say one thing first - every case of Candida infection is a stubborn one whether it's athlete's foot, fungal sinus infection, intestinal infection, or systemic. I hate to agree with allopathic doctors trust me but true systemic infections really are rare and usually only affect those with AIDS or the severely immunocompromised such as cancer patients on chemo. Most people with systemic symptoms have intestinal Candida overgrowth and it is the toxins released and absorbed combined with resulting leaky gut symdrome, liver toxicity, immune reactions, and hormonal and neurotransmitter imbalances that cause the systemic symptoms.

Anyway back to your main question...

I am not aware of any site that has a comprehensive list of antifungals and dosage recommendations based on current research. You will find many protocols recommended by various doctors and therapists but these vary widely. If you have the time and concentration for it the best thing to do would be to do the research yourself - head to PubMed or Google Scholar and search the medical literature for yourself. There is a lot out there on antifungals- including natural options. Clove, oregano oil, and cinnamon appear to be good essential oil options.

Good luck battling the fungus that has blighted so many of our lives here!
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Re:Dosage reccomendations for natural antifungals? 9 years 4 months ago #3

• fishnaked
  • EiR Newbie
Thanks, Maff. I'll check out those sites.

One other question while I have you. Do you know when one should take their probiotics in relationship to the antifungals, i.e., together, apart, am, pm???

Re:Dosage reccomendations for natural antifungals? 9 years 4 months ago #4

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
No Problem :)

With regards to probiotics. If you are using pure antifungals (e.g. the dru nystatin or something like caprylic acid) then you can take probiotics at the same time.

However, essential oils (and in fact most natural antifungals) are broad sprectrum antimicrobials so will wipe out Candida, bacteria and other microorganisms...including probiotics. In this case you should take the antifungals first and then the probiotics an hour or so later.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Re:Dosage reccomendations for natural antifungals? 8 years 10 months ago #5

• bladean
  • EiR Newbie
Im on Fluconazole at 1200 MG/ Day. For 2 Months:
Candida Albicans is all DEAD, but in my gut stay anothers Yeasts don't susceptibles to Fluca ( I increased the dosage to 2000mg and I don't have signs of Die off)
Now i'm thinking about the proper way to repopulate my gut with friendly bacteria (probiotics don't stay more that 15 days in gut)

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds