Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I'm new here help!!

Re:I'm new here help!! 8 years 11 months ago #13

• Loulou
  • EiR Junior
What's a good fibre when on anti candida diet?..... I totally sympathise re die off I seen to be very sensitive with regards to dying yeast! :angry:
Thanks and def considering seeing dr mouton to see what be says then see what gp says re tests on Nhs! Had loads blood tests 3 years back all came back ok but think they was for just thyroid diabetes blood count etc.
Ciao for now
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:I'm new here help!! 8 years 11 months ago #14

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Many people recommend psyllium as a source of fibre but in my opinion this may not be the best choice. Psyllium is a soluble fibre acts as a food source for bacteria and yeast...so taking it as a supplement when you have overgrowth of bacteria and/or yeast in the gut is likely only to worsen the situation.

New York-based functional medicine doctor, Leo Galland MD, recommends cellulose which is found in plentiful supply in fruits and vegetables (go for low carb veg/non-root veg when on anti-Candida diet). You can also get cellulose as a supplement and it is one of the ingredients in Perm-A-Vite, a great supplement for increased intestinal permeability (\"leaky gut\") - also recommended by Dr. Galland.

I really hope you can get some testing done on the NHS, it really saves a LOT of personal expense!
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Re:I'm new here help!! 8 years 11 months ago #15

• Loulou
  • EiR Junior
That's soooo confusing!!! As I saw am article by doctor garland this week and showed my naturopath and he disagreed saying pysyolluim is fab and that cellulose is found in onions which is a cause for some ibs sufferers....?!
I think though I may stop it as you said it is good for yeast and bacteria....I'm trying to kill the b##tarda not feed them :( !!
Oh well hey ho we live and learn!!
Will try that permavite how much is it?
I already take slippery elm and l glutamine but can never have too much of the stuff!
When I can get round to it I also boil lunseeds then drink the gloooop that's left works really well!
Yea o agree be so good to get what I van out of the Nhs!
:)

Re:I'm new here help!! 8 years 11 months ago #16

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi Lou,

Yes, very confusing isn't it! Your naturopath is absolutely right that onions (and garlic) can be major symptom triggers in people with IBS due to both insoluble fibre AND sulphur content. The insoluble fibre can stimulate the nervous system in the gut and cause muscle spasms while sulphur can be converted into gases such as hydrogen sulphide which will cause bloating etc.

The problem is that although there is evidence that many IBS sufferers have some degree of bacterial overgrowth it is not considered the major cause - whether you have major gut dysbiosis will influence the best choice of fibre.

Dr. Galland goes further and breaks down gut dysbiosis into different types and it is in the fermentative type (characterised by carbohydrate intolerance) where he recommends insoluble fibre (cellulose).

Linseeds are high in both soluble and insoluble fibre which is likely why many people including yourself find them helpful - they have a good balance. If it works for you then keep doing it. That's the best way to deal with these illnesses!

This has probably not made things much clearer but my head is a bit foggy today, sorry!

Perma-a-vite isn't exactly cheap but the great thing is it's a formula that contains both l-glutamine and slippery elm, along with cellulose and a few other ingredients such as growth factors that stimulate healing of the gut lining. It is made by Allergy Research Group if you want to look it up. There is a page on this site with a full list of ingredients here.

Take care :)
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Re:I'm new here help!! 8 years 11 months ago #17

• Loulou
  • EiR Junior
Morning!
Once again thank youfor another detailed message ;)
I spoke to my husband today and he really dosent see any mprovement in me this time round on anti candida diet and said we just have to swallow cost and go see dr mouton. Tonsils up again this weekend and general aches and pains ears blocked etc just gets you down! So going to see him and see what I can have done on Nhs and what I can have done there and see how much it all costs! Justwant to really get to the root of it and treat it from all angles. Can't carry on like this it drags you down!!
Before I know it I will beback to my old self again :)
hope you are feeling brighter today and less foggy headed.
Have a good day :)

Re:I'm new here help!! 8 years 11 months ago #18

• Dechen
  • EiR Expert
  • Thank you received: 2
My grain of salt here...

with all these symptoms, you may want to do heavy metal detox and then take it from there.

I did this (everyone knows my story here), and even if candida is still present, it is not really giving me any problems at all.

Ever since I did the heavy metal detox, all the supplements I take actually work - before, they just weren't used by the system it seems, like just adding more junk to the pile.

And it's a domino effect; if one metabolic function is not operating, it influences others down the line etc.

So here, where I am in Arizona, it is a standard basic procedure in treatment of many of these puzzling and stubborn conditions that conventional medicine doesn't understand at all - MCS, candida, low immune functions, lupus, even cancer.

Really ever since I did that, my immunity is much much stronger; my energy levels are way up; the low grade inflammation in the blood vessels is gone (at the beginnning of the chelation, my veins always burst when they would stick me, but at the end, it was completely painless). Oh I had some pre-cancerous lesions on my forearms (from living in tropical lands and driving motorbikes without sunscreen), they are called actinic keratosis. Well they are resorbing of themselves.

I did six months IV chelation - now I am more on a nourishing, tonifying protocol because detox is depleting. But I will do another bout of chelation later on, the results were magnificent.

Oh, and by the way Maff, crypto is once more a thing of the past...

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds