Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: tests and progress update

Re:DNA adducts, phospholipid exchange and other stuff 7 years 11 months ago #109

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Idkwia - Yes I will be doing the antibiotics and lavage....plus some full on antifungal drugs prior to the HPI. Doing it properly.

I had already setup a dedicated group on the site for all the reasons you mention and I have invited both you and Nick to join. Other members are free to join as they wish. The software allows for an unlimited number of discussions on specific HPI-related topics within the group. The discussions will be much better organised and easier to follow than a single forum thread like this one so I think this is definitely the way to go.

Direct link to the group page is - http://www.ei-resource.org/community/eir-community/groups/viewgroup/1-home-fecal-transplants/

Thanks for the link, I'll check it out tomorrow. From the url it sounds like it will come in handy!

Many thanks for the wishes of best luck. My donor is a teacher so I will be hopefully going ahead during the summer holidays - July/August. Antibiotics and the like obviously need sorting before then so there will be update reports!

Hope to see you in the new group soon guys! ;)
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:DNA adducts, phospholipid exchange and other stuff 7 years 11 months ago #110

• Dechen
  • EiR Expert
  • Thank you received: 2
Oh my god! You are doing it? You are getting a fecal transplant. Wow. Hope you don't get a bad aftertaste... Ha ha ha... just kidding. It'll be interesting to know the before-after results. And pictures too, please!

Re:DNA adducts, phospholipid exchange and other stuff 7 years 11 months ago #111

• Maff
  • Administrator
Ha ha, yes I am doing it! Looks like Nick will be joining me...and hopefully idkwia as well! We have high hopes for this :)

Trust you to come out with the bad aftertaste gag...doesn't bare thinking about. The things we'll do to get well eh :unsure:

I have created a Home Fecal Transplant group on this site and invited you to join Dechen so you can track our progress. You should get a notification when you log in or visit your profile or community homepage.

I'll post before and after test result photos...not sure what else you really want to see lol.

Re:DNA adducts, phospholipid exchange and other stuff 7 years 11 months ago #112

• jamison
  • EiR Junior
Hey guys,

Thanks for the PTRC protocol - it looks really useful. One thing that I didn't quite get: are you meant to do a colonic lavage before each infusion or just the first one?

Thanks for the link Idkwia - it looks like a less icky way to do the infusion though surely it can't be as good as the real thing? What do you think? I couldn't see what strains of bacteria they use in there and would be interested to know.

I've joined the HPI group so this will be my last post on this thread. I'll give any future updates there.

Re:DNA adducts, phospholipid exchange and other stuff 1 year 3 weeks ago #113

• Sammy
  • EiR Junior
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Maff

It's been a while mate.

Do you have any idea where I could get a copy of this book?

"I do know that Patricia Kane et al refer to the use of butyrate in the Detoxx Book."

I have been on CSM for 12 months at 1x dose per day as I can't tolerate more then that without any real change in my VCS test and am interested in the butyrate.

tests and progress update 1 year 2 weeks ago #114

• Maff
  • Administrator
Hi Sammy,

Good to hear from you - I hope you're doing as well as can be expected?

I just Googled the Detoxx Book and it seems it's available from both Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk (probably through the marketplace). In the UK it's also available from https://www.nutri-link.co.uk/shop/detoxx-book-non-refundable.html

I think if you search you'll find plenty of sources, although I did see that a number of them list it as "out of stock" - whether that's permanent or not I don't honestly know.

One thing I should mention is that there's a patient's version and a physician's version; the patient's version being simplified and half the price. That being said I bought the physician's version as a patient and found it extremely useful as a learning tool. It's not as heavy a read as textbook so if you've been researching your illness for a while and know your stuff it's not full of terms and items you won't have come across before. If people want a simple guide to follow the biotoxin detox(x) protocol and aren't interested in learning the theory however, the patient's version is all that's needed.

Hope this helps somewhat and you're able to grab a copy from somewhere. I now use many aspects of this protocol in my Nutritional Therapy practice.

Good luck and all the best,
Maff

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds