Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: MSG 4 matt -fat soluble vitamins and soft stools!

MSG 4 matt -fat soluble vitamins and soft stools! 8 years 9 months ago #1

• Loulou
  • EiR Junior
Hi maff and others :)
just researching on Internet soft stools !!!
Firstly I did the leaky gut test today and comprehensive parasitology last 3 days plus adrenal so be interesting to see what results come back!!
I have very soft stools and read it says something about absoption of fats and bit a d e and k??? Ever since I suffered with candida and suspected Lgs bruise soooooooooo easily plus I can't handle really fatty foods and know have acne and low immunity. Carolyn suspects something up withy bile?!
Do you have any input or advice to hand to make more sense so it all links to me?!
Having skype call on 10th dec with Carolyn and will get results and plan then quite looking forward to some sort of diagnosis!!
Any more results back on your tests?
Take care
louisa
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: MSG 4 matt -fat soluble vitamins and soft stools! 8 years 8 months ago #2

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi Louisa,

How are you? Have you got your test results back yet? I go to discuss all mine with Dr. Damien Downing tomorrow. They are very interesting!

Sorry I have taken so long to reply. As you can see I have been busy completely changing the site! I hope you can figure out how to use it easily...

You have probably found the answers you were looking for elsewhere by now but I'll give you my input.

Basically, bile is required to emulsify (reduce to tiny droplets) fats and fat-soluble vitamins so that they can be easily absorbed. If you don't have sufficient bile secreted, most commonly due to liver and gallbladder issues, then you have poor digestion and absorprtion of fats and fatty substances such as vitamins A, D, E and K. Because the fatty substances are not absorbed the fat content on the stool goes up and makes them softer and in the more severe cases of fat malabsorption, visibly oily, pale and smelly.

I hope your Skype call with Carolyn went well and you now know much more about where your symptoms are coming from. Let us know what you learnt!
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Re: MSG 4 matt -fat soluble vitamins and soft stools! 8 years 8 months ago #3

• Loulou
  • EiR Junior
Hi Maff lovely to hear from you and what a great job you have done with the website!!!! You should be proud :-)
I'm ok although had results and skype call yesterday and it was frightening!!! I have adrenal fatigue, candida, cryptococcus albidus, blastocystis hominis, dienramoeba fragilis, low lacto bacteria, a very leaky gut near celiac levels, malabsorption!!! I couldn't stop crying after it just couldn't believe I had worst case scenario!!!! Have lots of things to get me started have supplants to take to get elimantiin and support of organs of elimantion first, no fruit for 3 weeks, have aswell as all other stuff I was doing now cutting out all starches!! Just really taken me back and abut gutted but got to be positive as see as good thing and least gett it sorted now!
So what did dr Damien dowling tell you?!
Louisa x

Re: MSG 4 matt -fat soluble vitamins and soft stools! 8 years 8 months ago #4

• Maff
  • Administrator
Thanks, I'm still working on fixing problems and making things look nice but I'm quite pleased with the new site. I hope everyone likes it!

Sounds like we're both a bit overwhelmed with test results at the moment. I have had results showing major genetic problems with methylation (which is vital for detoxification, immunity and brain function, among other things). I also appear to have significant damage to my mitochondria which could be central to my problems. My white blood cell count is low as always but certain types (Natural Killer (NK) cells) are hyperactive. Dr. Downing and I are both having a think about the best way to proceed at the moment.

I think what you and I should focus on is that we both now have lots of information to work with. All those things that your tests found can be scary at first but despite that you are still here and you can now start to tackle them and get better ;)

I feel terrible at the moment but I am feeling confident I can do something about it!

Keep smiling :)

Re: MSG 4 matt -fat soluble vitamins and soft stools! 8 years 8 months ago #5

• Loulou
  • EiR Junior
Ah bless you. So when they say genetic problem it means something that was already a problem in you??? So how can that be helped? You have ideas too for you? How does mitochondria get healed?
Can I ask you what your adrenal levels are? My dhea are fine, my cortisol are what is low overall for day was 14.1, 9 in morning then low rest of time!!

Let's be brave and strong and tackle these issues!

Louisa

Re: MSG 4 matt -fat soluble vitamins and soft stools! 8 years 8 months ago #6

• Maff
  • Administrator
Hi Louisa,

Well the genomic tests I had looked for what are called 'single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs)' which means just a single base in the DNA of a gene is different from the most common type. Having these slightly different gene variants can cause changes in the function of important enzymes and other molecules in the body...usually slowing down the activity in enzymes and reducing their ability to do their job.

Having certain SNPs does mean you will definitely develop a disease but can make certain health problems more likely, particularly if exposed to certain environmental factors as well (e.g. high toxic load, nutritional deficiencies, infection etc).

In my case my results show I have genes that result in very poor ability for methylation, which is vital for detoxification, immune function, brain function and mood, and DNA/RNA synthesis, among other things. In theory it is possible to bypass the affected genes by providing nutrients that are already in the form the enzymes are responsible for making. I am therefore having methyl-B12 injections and will be taking special forms of folic acid and vitamin B6. If this all works and improves my methylation ability I should feel better in many ways!

The above should improve my detoxification ability and therefore reduce damage to my mitochondria and I will also be having phospholipid exchange (PLX) therapy which provides the phosphatidylcholine and other fats needed to make health cell membranes and mitochondrial membranes. My tests also found a toxic component of plastic, bisphenol A (BPA), embedded in my mitochondrial membranes and the PLX should help to remove this and stop it doing more damage.

It's all a big 'if' but we have to try!! ;)

I wrote a blog about my adrenal stress index (ASI) test results so you can take a look for yourself here

Basically my body clock is completely out of whack so my cortisol and DHEA levels go up and down like crazy throughout the day and this causes swings in energy, alertness and mood. The worst thing is that my adrenal output is low in the morning and too high at night which goes a long way to explaining why I can't get up in the morning and can't get myself to bed and get to sleep at night!

If you can look on the bright side I would say at least your rhythm of adrenal hormones appears to be normal, maybe they could just do with being a bit higher thoughout the day to make you feel better. Are you taking something for this now? I found licorice supplements are very powerful for stimulating adrenal function. Maybe too powerful in my case!

Stay strong...and do what my signature says ;)

• Page:

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds