Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Supplements that feed Candida

Re: Supplements that feed Candida 3 years 3 weeks ago #19

• Bushi
  • EiR Senior
  • Thank you received: 5
Hey Maff,

I know you mention Biofilms quite often on different threads. So I had to go and educate myself a little about them.

Then I came across this product: www.klaire.com/prod/proddetail.asp?id=K-INT

I'm not sure how this compares to any other product you may have used in the past to reduce biofilms or if you have even heard of the product.

Someone described it like this: The theory is that bacteria congregate on the sides of intestines in a film-like substance that resembles plaque on teeth. This clustering is how they survive, and they are strengthened by the bonds of calcium and iron, for instance (which is why taking these types of supplements can strengthen the bacteria (because they leach it from your body). I've read some recommendations which say that the above mentioned enzyme product called Interfase is supposed to disrupt the biofilm. Once you start disrupting it, you can go at it with antibiotics. I've read that antibiotics can never fully permeate the biofilm, which is why you have to disrupt it first and then go at it.

The product contains:

Proprietary Enzyme Blend**
500 mg *

Providing the following active enzymes:

Polysaccharide Specific Enzymes

Glucoamylase (with isomaltase side chain activity)

Chitosanase

Cellulase

Hemicellulase (xylanase) and Pectinase Complex

Beta-Glucanase

Protein and Peptide Specific Enzymes

Protease/Peptidase Complex with DPP-IV endo-peptidase/exo-peptidase
activity

Other Enzymes

Lysozyme (from egg white)

Serratia peptidase (enteric-coated)***

Here are two interesting links about biofilms:

www.cs.montana.edu/ross/personal/intro-biofilms-s1.htm

centerforgenomicsciences.org/research/biofilm.html

I've also just bought a book called The One-Minute Cure which is about treating illneses with Food grade Hydrogen Peroxide. I may give it ago.....talk about trying 100 things at once!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

data-ad-format="horizontal"

Re: Supplements that feed Candida 3 years 3 weeks ago #20

• Bushi
  • EiR Senior
Another thing to consider when thinking about things that feed candida are amalgram fillings.

"One explanation for persistent candida problems, even with prolonged treatment, usually overlooked is the mercury in amalgam fillings. There is some evidence (mainly through extrapolation of laboratory work) that yeast reacts to the mercury in amalgam fillings, creating methyl mercury in the gut, which is infinitely more toxic than ordinary mercury, and creates a situation where candida is more resistant to eradication. I would go so far as to say that even the more potent forms of treatment (ie, anti fungal preparations like nystatin) can bring symptoms under control, but rarely eradicate them when the individual has a toxic overload of mercury."

Source: alternativemedicine.net/Health/Article/Q...ION_FROM_READER/5978

Re: Supplements that feed Candida 3 years 3 weeks ago #21

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 7
I actually used the Interfase Plus product as preperation for my HPI. The Plus version has EDTA added. You stumbled onto the reason for its inclusion as EDTA is a chelating agent added to aid removal of mercury and other heavy metals from the body...the theory being that the biofilms and microbial colonies within them store significant amounts of metals so these are released as the enzymes in Interfase do their job.

From your quote...it is certainly true that gut microbes can turn elemental mercury into more toxic methyl mercury...this is also how methyl mercury ends up in fish (bacteria in the sea convert elemental mercury to the methyl form). The bit about Candida and mercury is a bit sketchy however. I don't disagree that people often have Candida and mercury issues together...I think it's likely that mercury toxicity impairs immunity and this makes Candida harder to deal with...rather than the mercury directly making Candida more resistant to treatment however.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: linc

Re: Supplements that feed Candida 2 years 11 months ago #22

• Bushi
  • EiR Senior
Here's an interesting document about biofilms:

www.scribd.com/doc/18583142/Gut-Recovery...ntestinal-Infections

and this one which also has a protocol for reducing or ridding yourself of them:

www.autismpedia.org/wiki/index.php?title=Protocols/Usman

Basically:

1) On an empty stomach take an enzyme to break up the biofilm: i.e. Interfase Plus. Then take EDTA or lactoferrin along with the enzymes.

2) Wait 20 minutes then take your antifungal or your herbal antifungals

3) wait 20 mins and take an absorbent material like charcoal to soak up the bad guys

I guess it's worth a try!
Last Edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Bushi.

data-ad-format="horizontal"

Time to create page: 0.618 seconds