Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I need someone's help

Re: I need someone's help 8 years 5 months ago #13

Tawnya,
I feel the same as you. I am addicted to sugar! But I am forcing myself to go without it, and so far the pain is going away in my stomach! I am also feeling so crappy. Ive had flu symptoms and chest pressure with pain in my back. I think I have an anxiety disorder. I have all the symptoms plus I have depression and I have and am going through so much with my body right now I know that is what is going on. I am calling my doctor today. Hopefully she can prescribe something to make this go away. It is getting difficult to breathe.
I am sorry you have the leaky gut. I hope all goes well for you!!

Maff,
If you see this, I am still not doing well. But the diet is working for the pain. I will try to keep it up, but I am worried about my diabetes. Can blood sugar go to low??
Trish
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: I need someone's help 8 years 5 months ago #14

Try some probotics to help rebalance gut flora. This will help reduce boating, gas, and cramps. Additional nutritional support may be wanted … see a nutritionist.

Re: I need someone's help 8 years 5 months ago #15

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi all!

Trish - So good to hear the low carb diet is already helping some of your symptoms. I find feeling better is the best motivator there is. I found the diet terribly restrictive at first but my tastes seem to have adapted and I no longer crave "naughties"...at least not often! Do you need insulin for your diabetes? If so there is always a risk of hypoglycaemia (low blood sugar) but reducing carbs shouldn't be a major issue as long as you eat regularly. Check with your doctor that the diet won't affect your diabetes treatment. I hope you continue to see improvements!

Tawnya - Thanks so much for your kind comments. It really does make my day when people let me know what I am doing is actually useful! I would say there is absolutely a link between leaky gut syndrome (intestinal hyperpermeability) and MCS.

Leaky gut = increased absorption of toxins from the gut = brain exposed to higher toxic load = immune/neurological hyperstimulation = MCS (or something like that ;) ).

Healing the gut is definitely important if you have issues there. It sounds like you are making a good start with your treatment so best of luck with it and keep us updated. Just keep in mind that MCS results from total toxic exposure so it's important to also reduce your exposure from environmental sources (cleaning products, personal care products etc) while you are treating the gut.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Re: I need someone's help 8 years 4 months ago #16

• tawnya555
  • EiR Newbie
Hi Maff,
I have the 'trapped in my chemical free home' bit down pat. It's been this way for over a year. If you seen me in person with my unruly curls, you would say..."Now there's a gal who doesn't wear make-up or use conditioner." Enough is enough...I can't live like this [email protected][email protected]$?$ I would have let my life go had it not been for an amazing doctor who found the underlying condition. The courier arrived with Dr. Ohirra's probiotics yesterday. Still need to stock my fridge/cupboards before I begin. NO YEAST+NO SUGAR= One insane woman :).

Re: I need someone's help 8 years 4 months ago #17

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Ha ha I am far too polite to say such a thing...but I get your point ;)

I think the key is to do without the things that aren't absolutely necessary and find less toxic alternatives for stuff you can't do without. It's important to avoid toxic exposures but it's no good if you do it religiously but feel totally miserable as a result. Life is all about balance. I like a phrase from Buddhist teachings that tells us to look for the "middle way".

Absolutely agree that finding the root cause is the most important thing but with these illnesses we often find there are many root causes and we end up with a vicious cycle. Best to tackle the problem from all angles I have found.

Good luck with the yeast and sugar-free diet!
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Re: I need someone's help 8 years 4 months ago #18

• sunshine
  • EiR Newbie
Hi,

I agree that your diet is doing a job on you. I had some of the same issues you had. I had the most severe pain in my stomach too. Many also said Candida, and things like that. Most of this was food allergies. Antibiotics can also make you feel bad but I never had the pain in my stomach from it. Stay on digestive enzymes and or probiotics to help strengthen the gut too. Stop eating most of your food and slowly try bringing back some basics. I am highly allergic to so many foods you wouldnt believe it. I found a test that finally showed me my allergies. Every allergy test I took, said no immediate allergies. This test showed delayed reactions. When I eat some food I wont get sick for 12 hours after eating it or later. It is hard to learn how to eat new foods but I would try it. Also make sure you are not eating any and I mean any Genetically Modified Foods. Do some research on them. Almost all processed foods have GMO corn in the food. This is very important to do this research and determine on your own. I would cut out gluten,corn,soy and diary . They are in most processed foods and can be called something else. If you dont know what it says, dont buy it. :) You ask what am I going to eat. I did too but I feel so much better and it was the food. Only eat organic but definitely dont eat GMOs. I have a couple of cook books that I use now and it works. I am not saying all of this is food related but you are not helping your stomach if you have allergies to the food or the GMO is not allowing the digestion of food. GMO food actually doesnt allow digestion of the food and in some animals it increases allergies to food and chemicals, cancers and severe digestive problems. Just a thought. I am not a doctor, just a person that fought like you to get better because all the doctors didnt know or believe what was wrong. Listen to your own body. If I can helpfurther, let me know. I hope you get better and if you want cookbooks or anything, just ask. Dont give up because YOU are the only one responsibile for your health. That was advise from one of my friends when I was ready to give up. No one cares about your health but you and most believe you are making it up. :) We know better.

May god bring you the answer soon.
Sue

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds