Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lufenuron for Candida?

Lufenuron for Candida? 3 years 4 months ago #1

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 7
I was wondering if anyone had experience using lufenuron for the treatment of Candida or other fungal infections?

Lufenuron is something I stumbled across years ago but never investigated too much but the other day I had a reminder in my email inbox - albeit in the form of a sales pitch for this website http://lufenuroncandidacure.owndoc.com/.

I was just curious about whether anyone has tried it. I have now done some research using Google Scholar and most of what the above website is saying seems true e.g. lufenuron is widely used in veterinary medicine as an antifungal and insecticide; it works by inhibiting synthesis of chitin - a structural component of the Candida cell wall. This is a mechanism that many traditional antifungal agents do not exploit. A quick search of vetinary research on Google Scholar brought up results discussing resistance which it seems is a concern with lufenuron as it is with other antifungals - and this is acknowledged on the website above.

Lufenuron is in a class of chemicals known as 'benzylphenyl urea insecticides'. In the traditional sense it is only toxic to organisms as high as zooplankton. Those suffering from multiple chemical sensitivity and other EIs of course often react badly to substances that are traditionally 'non-toxic' however so it would be good to hear the experiences of those who have tried lufenuron to tackle issues with Candida and other yeast.

Thanks!
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Maff.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

data-ad-format="horizontal"

Re: Lufenuron for Candida? 3 years 1 month ago #2

• Mh
  • EiR Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1
hi Maff,

I am a new member..i just found this site and joined yesterday! (am feeling really grateful to have found a community for discussions have been on my own for a long time dealing with this) have been struggeling with candida for 5 years now after some serious excessive long term antibiotic use..but only knowing what the problem was for the last year. I used Lufenuron last fall and emailed extensively with sarah vaughtner. (the woman who sells it) My case of candida was so aggressive then i just couldnt get it under control and i was trying everything..so i resorted to flea medication out of desperation. i have to say that it did help ..i did a full course of it (which takes about 2 months) and i did have some strong dye-off symptoms.(burning and itching everywhere, crusty lips, terrible headache, fatigue,etc..) however i apparantly became resistant to it after one round because some of symptoms started to come back after the first round. even if they were less severe. after that i did a week of diflucan and then moved onto a rotational herbal protocol that i am in my second round of doing right now. but i dont think i could have even attempted the herbal rotational protocol if i hadnt done the lufenuron and diflucan first...apparantly if one has a really severe case then using diflucan and lufenuron together is a great way to go? (apparantley one works on the chitin wall and the other the ergosterol) even her husband that she says the lufenuron "cured" she told me he was on incredibly strong antifungal medicines and was almost cured when he did the lufenuron and he did dbl the amount that they even sell each person. when symptoms started to come back she was the one who suggested that i had developed a resistance to it...seems like its kind of a one-time deal although if used correctley then it could be really great. like if i had used the diflucan and the lufenuron together it wocould have done me so much more good.

Re: Lufenuron for Candida? 3 years 1 month ago #3

• Maff
  • Administrator
Hi Mh and welcome to the site!

I'm glad you found us and hopefully we can help each other out - as you well know those of us struggling with Candida-related illness have to stick together to find our way back to health.

Thank you for sharing your experience with Lufenuron. It's not something I have seen discussed much elsewhere so I really appreciate you taking the time to post in reply to my question. It sounds like it's potentially another antifungal to add to the armoury but not a miracle cure. Were you just using the Lufenuron or doing other anti-Candida stuff such as diet, probiotics etc?

My own illness started 20 years ago when I was only 11 after 7 courses of broad spectrum antibiotics within 12 months. I then developed a chronic viral infection and was diagnosed with M.E./Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I have always known my gut was a big issue though and yeast and bacterial overgrowth of my small intestine and now certainly the main drivers of my illness. I have spent the past 13 years trying to use every antifungal under the sun (except Lufenuron) but am unable to tolerate the die-off which affects my brain and nervous system horribly. My next step is to try a treatment known variously as Human Probiotic Infusion (HPI), faecal bacteriotherapy, or faecal transplant. We have an active group for this with a few members reporting on their progress and I'll send you an invite. I also just setup a dedicated Candida group where we can share information.

How are you doing on the herbal rotational protocol now?

Re: Lufenuron for Candida? 3 years 1 month ago #4

• Mh
  • EiR Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1
hey!
im happy to share my experience! actually it feels good to have people to communicate with on this subject. its been so hard trying to figure this out on my own. i have had various people along the way but no-one who has been guiding me consistently. just trial and error and research and trusting my instinct on whether or not something sounds or is too good to be true or total BS!

so far the herbal rotational protocal has been really helpful..my situation started 5 years ago after about 8 months of antibiotics for urinary tract infections that led to several horrendous kidney infections. i was terribly sick..but even after the bacterial infections subsided i still felt terrible. i was so chronically fatigued, my stomach was a wreck, i had lost a ton of weight, acne, my bladder and kidneys were still sore and hurt, mentally i felt so out of it and spaced out, just like a completely different person with a wrecked body. i spent the next 4 years trying everything... TCM, cleansing, rawfoods, all would help to some degree but not all the way. then i started to see a naturopathic/tcm nutritional medine doctor a year ago and at the same time started getting yeast infections. Once we started to treat the yeast infections the rest of my symptoms started to clear up..i was so excited that we discovered what was making me feel lousy..but i had no idea how important it was to keep with the diet. well i quickly found out as the candida started to get so out of control i had to go uber strict and i tried symbion,(a threelac product) multiple herbal antifungals but the candida was just too aggressive for all of them. Thus i found the lufenuron, then managed to get a weeks worth of diflucan then found the herbal rotational protocal. it has been the only way for me as when i just take 1 thing i seem to get resistant to it pretty quick. I have managed to reduce the severity of symptoms so much but i still get some if i eat 1 bite of anything with things in it i shouldnt eat. the protocal is 14 weeks long 4 herbal antifungals to be rotated every 4 days plus vit d, a probiotic, (i also have added dr ohiras probiotics with it) molybdenum picolinate (i guess it clears out the mycotoxins from the dead yeast) and a formula called quiet digestion that is great to keep a calm stomach. those you take every day..and it has been great. like i said i am in my 2 round and while i am doing so much better..have been dealing with thrush off and on for the last 3 months that is a newer symptom.. which i now include coconut oil (swishing around in my mouth for 10 minutes 2x daily) to help with that. i also started getting rashes but the coconut oil helps with that too i also use oil of oregano and olive leaf extract as needed for additional support..so the symptoms are changing and while less severe STILL THERE! ugh. it feels endless. sorry for such a long response but it seemed easier to just explain it all at once...

and wow that fecal therapy sounds intense! is it working? am curious to learn more..i have never heard of that....

Re: Lufenuron for Candida? 3 years 4 weeks ago #5

• Maff
  • Administrator
Hey,

It really does help to get online and talk to others when you have an illness like this that doctors ignore. Personal research, trial and eroor, and tips and support from others are all we have!

It sounds like you had a real ordeal with the UTIs and kidney infections at the start of all this. Awful that now because of all the antibiotics you have ended up with long-term yeast problems to deal with. I'm really glad to hear that things you have tried have brought you some relief though. Yeast infections are tough to shift (as anyone who struggles with athlete's foot or thrush knows) so trying to get the bad guys under control in the gut is not going to be an easy task as it's the perfect environment for it to grow if the immune system and/or other gut micorbes are not up to the job of keeping them in check. I think either a combination or rotational approach is the way to go rather than a single antifungal. As you've found, diet is also very important though and we need to think about supporting immunity and repopulating the gut with the right microbes as well. This is where the fecal therapy comes in as it can be considered the "ultimate probiotic". I hope you'll keep following the group to learn more about it. I have not started it myself yet...I am aiming to do so the first week of August.

Yes, you're right about the molybdenum picolinate. Molybdenum is required by the enzymes that break down the toxic ethanol and acetaldehyde produced by yeast like Candida ;)

Re: Lufenuron for Candida? 2 years 10 months ago #6

Lufenuron is very strong candida killer. It prevents the candida cell wall from being strong........

Smith Alan
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by smithalan00.

Time to create page: 0.391 seconds