Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: High D-lactate in and ethanol production

High D-lactate in and ethanol production 3 years 4 months ago #1

• ClaireLR
  • EiR Newbie
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and I am struggling with quite a difficult question : I have been living with Auto-brewery syndrome for at least a year, and I have just received results back from an organic urine acid test. It shows that I have very elevated levels of D-lactate, also known as lactic acid, and I was just wondering whether anybody knew if there was a connection between this elevated score, and ethanol production in the gut + perpetual feeling of intoxication. Any help on that topic would be very much appreciated, I feel that this subject is quite difficult to understand, and my brain is really not what it used to be.
Thanks very much !
C
The administrator has disabled public write access.

High D-lactate in and ethanol production 3 years 4 months ago #2

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi Claire,
Understanding lab results can be confusing even when thinking clearly, so almost impossible when your brain is being poisoned by auto-brewery syndrome toxins. On top of that the lab tests are getting more and more complex as technology and medical research advances!
In answer to your question there are two possibilities that spring to my mind (but of course I may be wrong!). First, it could be that you have an overgrowth of lactic acid bacteria e.g. Lactobacilli species like acidophilus. They may be labelled as 'beneficial' but it's still possible for them to grow out of control and cause problems. Too many of them and you end up with too much lactate. Second, and possibly more likely it could be that due to overgrowth of yeast and production of alcohol your body is producing more of its energy from anaerobic metabolism (glycolysis) and thus it's your own cells producing the lactic acid. Either way the end result may be lactic acidosis which will make you feel even more tired, achey, spaced out and generally intoxicated and unwell!
Did the lab provide any hints or explanation regarding your results, or perhaps whomever ordered the test for you? if you have any more information we might be able to help a little more.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds