Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Journalist David Tuller looks at £5m PACE Trial

Journalist David Tuller looks at £5m PACE Trial 2 years 1 month ago #1

• Tom
  • EiR Newbie
  • Thank you received: 2
The journalist, David Tuller DrPH, on Wednesday posted a substantial piece on the PACE Trial:

TRIAL BY ERROR: The Troubling Case of the PACE Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Study
www.virology.ws/2015/10/21/trial-by-error-i/

There's an introduction and summary at the start if you don't want to take on the whole thing.

ME Network have also posted their own summary piece on section 1:
www.meaction.net/2015/10/21/david-tuller...rs-apart-pace-trial/

Section two of David Tuller's piece is at:
www.virology.ws/2015/10/22/trial-by-error-ii/

Cort Johnson has done one of his easy-to-read pieces on it here:

www.cortjohnson.org/blog/2015/10/22/epor...-pace-cbt-get-trial/
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Journalist David Tuller looks at £5m PACE Trial 2 years 4 weeks ago #2

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 18
A big thanks for sharing these links Tom. I've just read the ME Action introduction and summary and I'm delighted that David Tuller has taken this subject on and slammed the PACE study for the travesty to medical science that patients have known full well it is ever since its publication. I will read the full piece ASAP.

It's hugely satisfying that the respected scientists that would speak to David fully agreed and questioned how such a flawed study - that has gone on to guide M.E. and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome treatment the world over - ever even passed peer review and went on to be published in a journal as influential as The Lancet. As they point out, there are clearly a bunch of corrupt, industry-funded scientists who conspired to massage the study design, results and conclusions to suit their own agenda - condemning millions of ME/CFS patients around the world to receive ineffective and even damaging "treatments".

Let's hope by sharing this critique we can make a difference as a community and direct health policy makers to the work of the growing number of excellent scientists researching genuinely helpful interventions for patients. I suspect country-specific petitions using David's critique of the PACE Trial would certainly be worthy of our efforts. What do you think?
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds