Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: d-ribose and candida

Re:d-ribose and candida 7 years 8 months ago #7

• Riddle
  • EiR Newbie
After taking D-Ribose for a few days (1 scoop 3X day) I had better energy, but after a week, I developed severe symptoms of candida/yeast overgrowth (athlete's foot, cold sores, headaches, poor sleep, pervasive fibromyalgia pain, and energy crashes). I had worked very hard to eliminate candida, and hadn't had symptoms for months. There is 5 g of sugar in each scoop and I think Dr. T and others are wrong that it doesn't translate into candida/yeast resurgence. I'm out $100 which is normal for desperate people trying to find a solution. The same thing happened with Threelac (also high sugar), but they had a money back guarantee.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:d-ribose and candida 7 years 6 months ago #8

• Sammy
  • EiR Junior
Understand what you mean regarding Threelac - been there done that lol

I have tryed Ribose how ever and havent noticed a negative affect, apart from the very unstable blood sugar levels i DID notice. BTW: I'm not type 1 or 2.

Re:d-ribose and candida 7 years 6 months ago #9

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 18
Strange that D-Ribose affected your blood sugar so noticeably Sammy. As I explained previously, it is metabolised completely differently than regular sugars and does not directly have any effect on blood glucose.

The only explanation I can think of is that by producing new energy (ATP) it acted like a stimulant and caused blood sugar imbalance indirectly by stimulating your nervous system and stress response - with resulting imbalanced insulin secretion. I'm just thinking outloud however...
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Re:d-ribose and candida 5 years 10 months ago #10

• CaptainInsano
  • EiR Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1
hello all,

I thought this was interesting

chronicallyme.wordpress.com/2009/04/03/c...ibose-make-you-sick/

I personally found that about after a month of feeling better I developed athletes foot :sick: - so I am personally sceptical about the evidence that it does not feed yeast

I do however use it if I am really struggling in small doses and it really helps - It may just be a question of dosage

Re:d-ribose and candida 5 years 10 months ago #11

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 18
Thanks for posting this link CaptainInsano. Interesting reading if a little heavy on anecdotal reports.

In humans d-ribose helps replenish ATP as it is absorbed and shunted into a metabolic pathway that accepts this pentose (5 carbon sugar) and uses it to directly produce new ATP...most is recycled. I am not a microbiologist but the question we need to answer is whether Candida/yeast have this same metabolic pathway as we humans do. May guess would be that this is not the case and therefore d-ribose should not "feed" Candida/yeast. We need someone with a greater knowledge of microbiology than myself to answer this for us conclusively though!

Anyway, I hope you find a balance with the dosage that works for you.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Maff.

Re:d-ribose and candida 11 months 1 week ago #12

• Sandy
  • EiR Newbie
My foggy brain missed the second page of posts...

I am now stopping the d ribose too bad as it was helping me but the other yeast related issues are too rough. I have been eating garlic supplements and have had no other sugar in my diet.
Odd how I will trade off one thing to treat another... guess we all do as for the money... so much money is wasted on things that don't work... it is old and tiresome. Eventually the money will run out but a new line of customers will fall in behind us till their pockets are bare too.

• Page:

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds