Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Best way to raise glutathione ?

Re: Best way to raise glutathione ? 6 years 2 weeks ago #7

• gridly1
  • EiR Newbie
Hi Maff,
Thanks for the greeting!
Have you read the article A Simplified Methylation Protocol is Effective for the Treatment of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia
by Neil Nathan, MD
May 11, 2011
In ProHealth www.ProHealth.com
www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=16138
and
www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=16545

Dr. Nathan has treated many patients with Dr. Teitelbaum’s program for over 15 years.
In this article, he states that Many people w/ FM and CFS are Genetically a Bit Compromised in our ability to methylate…

MOST IMPORTANT is that we need methylation to:

• Create glutathione (the body's 'master' antioxidant and detoxifier),
• Produce energy, 
• Impact brain chemistry,
• Repair DNA, 
• And make melatonin from serotonin.

These are only a few of the essential reactions that require our ability to methylate.

---
I practice Applied Kinesiology, and have found that I, and many others do not test well for the supplement glutathione. Nor do we absorb it.
But I do test Very well for 5 MTHF (5-Methyltetrahyrdrofolate)((5-Me-THF, 5-Me-H4F)
Metagenics makes one called 'FolaPro'.
Check it out!
Also check out ; L-methylfolate as a Trimonoamine Modulator and Antidepressant-Augmenting Agent
God Bless!
Ingrid(gridly1)
"Of all the forms of inequality, injustice in health care is the most shocking and inhumane." Martin Luther King Jr.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Best way to raise glutathione ? 6 years 1 week ago #8

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 18
Hi there,

You're welcome, good to have you with us :)

Yes, I have read Dr. Nathan's article and have studied the subject myself and believe methylation problems to be an important piece in the puzzle of CFS, FM and other environmental and invisible illnesses.

We have articles on the subject by physicians including Rich Von Konynenburg PhD and Sarah Myhill MD here on the site. You can find links to these and member discussions in our 'Supporting the Methylation Cycle' group at http://www.ei-resource.org/community/groups/viewgroup/10-supporting-the-methylation-cycle/

I am really glad you posted in this topic as I meant to mention addressing methylation as an important means to raise glutathione levels in my previous post but it slipped my mind! The reason methylation is so important for glutathione production is that the methylation cycle feeds directly into the transulfuration cycle which produces glutathione...if the methylation cycle is not working efficiently then neither is transulfuration and glutathione production suffers.

I have had genomic testing myself and the results agree completely with the poor methylation hypothesis. I was diagnosed with ME/CFS 20 years ago and my genomic testing showed I have the least effective variants of both common MTHFR genes which regulate the enzyme that methylates folic acid (a key step in the methylation cycle). I also have less than optimal variants of genes that recycle glutathione back to its active "reduced" form. Unfortunately for me I tried Folapro and other 5-MTHF supplements and found I could not tolerate them as they upset my digestive system very badly. I have discovered that all methy donors do. Typical of my health issues - I am never able to tolerate things that in theory and according to testing should help me :side:

For all others with ME/CFS, FM and associated illnesses I would highly recommend reading up on the methylation cycle in these conditions, trialling a supplement like folapro which provides folic acid in various forms that bypass common methylation problems...and if you can afford it getting genomic testing done can be very useful in determining which particular supplements you need to get well.

Thanks again for posting about this gridly1! You mention you test well for 5-MTHF with kinesiology. Have you noticed much improvement in the way you feel?
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Re: Best way to raise glutathione ? 6 years 1 week ago #9

• CaptainInsano
  • EiR Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1
thanks for sharing maff, sounds like a similar story to my own - I had methylation testing done, (not the gene ones though) had extreme folinic acid, but didn't tolerate b6, b12, and folic acid derivatives too well. Likewise I cant tolerate b3, a key component in energy production, and luteolin, LDN, colostrum,gut antiparasitics, immune boosters, just to name a few. The sensitivities are definatley holding me back, and are very difficult to 'treat'.

Re: Best way to raise glutathione ? 6 years 1 week ago #10

• debbie
  • EiR Newbie
Bio care's lipozyme is lipase only
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maff

Re: Best way to raise glutathione ? 5 years 8 months ago #11

• nbruzgyte
  • EiR Newbie
Coffe enemas have raised my glutathione levels. Glutathione supplements or glutathione patch did not really made any difference for me.

Re: Best way to raise glutathione ? 5 years 8 months ago #12

• Tracy Mac
  • EiR Newbie
Where do you get glutathione patches and are there any special instructions for a coffee enema? Ever since I my gut stopped being able to tolerate S-ame my methylation cycle has deteriorated. I've tried a whole range of supplements, including glutathione, but my gut cannot tolerate them for more than one or two days.

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds