Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Bowen Technique Any Help?

Bowen Technique Any Help? 4 years 4 months ago #1

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 18
Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anybody had tried the Bowen Technique and if it had helped at all?

I have used similar therapies in the past (e.g. various massage therapies, Perrin Technique) and found them to be very relaxing during treatment and often energizing for a period afterwards but no real lasting benefits. It would be interesting to know if others have found the same.

Please let us know if you've tried Bowen, what your health issues are...and most importantly if it helped. Thanks!

For those who have not come across the Bowen Technique before here is an excerpt from the European College of Bowen Studies website:

What Is It?
The Bowen Technique is a remedial, hands-on therapy that is applied using very gentle pressure. The practitioner uses thumbs and fingers on precise points of the body to perform Bowen’s unique sets of rolling-type moves which stimulate the muscles and soft tissue of the body. There is no manipulation or adjustment of hard tissue and no force is used. The experience of a treatment is gentle, subtle and relaxing. It is believed that the Bowen Technique prompts the body to reset, repair and balance itself and clients report the experience of pain relief, improvement of function and recovery of energy.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds