Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Support Alfie's Law

Support Alfie's Law 3 months 1 week ago #1

• Jodie
  • Thank you received: 67
There is no reason why a child should not be taken abroad for treatment by well qualified medics who might be able to help, when there are no options left for treatment in this country. Taking into account that the child will not be harmed by the journey. Doctors often know very little about rare disorders and cannot always say what the outcome of a new treatment will do for a child ... please sign this petition...www.change.org/p/calling-all-parents-and...tm_content=ex97%3Av4
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Jodie.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Support Alfie's Law 3 months 1 week ago #2

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Thanks for posting the petition link Jodie. This is clearly a very polarizing topic; although I feel for the doctors and other staff at Alder Hey Children's Hospital (the abuse they have received is outrageous)... as a new parent myself I'm almost certain I'd want to take my baby daughter abroad where there is at least hope and an albeit slim chance of a positive outcome! I can't imagine what the parents are going through and it seems a very cruel law to apply in this situation. As you say, doctors can be wrong (don't we all know it!) so why not allow further medical opinions from equally qualified physicians?
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Support Alfie's Law 3 months 1 week ago #3

• Jodie
  • Thank you received: 67
Exactly Maff. Hope it's going ok there! It gets better, nothing ever as bad again as those first 3 months ;)

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds