Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Abnormal brain response to cholinergic challenge in chronic encephalopathy from the 1991 Gulf War

Re: Abnormal brain response to cholinergic challenge in chronic encephalopathy from the 1991 Gulf War 7 years 2 months ago #13

Karen, I've just found this forum whilst googling MS link with GWS. I'm sorry for your loss. Did you ever get the answers you were looking for?
I'm currently going through a diagnosis process of MS. The MRI showed 9 lesions, but the neurologist said he could not explain them. I'm experiencing a whole load of neurological symptoms.
Regards
Steve
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Abnormal brain response to cholinergic challenge in chronic encephalopathy from the 1991 Gulf War 7 years 2 months ago #14

• kaz1311
  • EiR Newbie
Hi Steve,
I am sorry to hear you are going through such a terrible time.
In reply to your message,no I have not got any answers yet,but I am still battlling on. Did you serve in the Gulf? I think that there are alot of exservice men and women who are probably going through,or have gone through the same thing,but dont look into it,but that is just my thoughts. MOD are not helpful,but it really doesnt sit right with me at all. I AM persuing this, and would be very interested in yours or anyone elses health issues that went to the gulf and have unexplainable nuerological problems. I will pass on any information I have and please dont hesitate to ask me any questions,I would like to beable to help if I can.
I hope you get some answers soon
Take care
Karen
ps..are you in the UK Steve?

Re: Abnormal brain response to cholinergic challenge in chronic encephalopathy from the 1991 Gulf War 7 years 2 months ago #15

Hi Karen,
yes I served in the gulf. You're right about other service personnel not looking into it. I wouldn't have started searching if my GP hadn't mentioned it could be a possibility. I have suffered with symptoms for quite a few years now. I'd initially thought everything was down to a back injury that I'd had some years ago. However the last few years more and more neurological problems started. I'm currently typing this with hands and arms shaking, blurred vision (blotches in my view also). Like I mentioned earlier, I'm going through an investigation process for MS (even though neurologist said the lesions weren't MS ones) as all my symptoms point to MS. All my bloods keep coming back normal. Yes I'm in the UK (east Yorkshire).
Steve

Re: Abnormal brain response to cholinergic challenge in chronic encephalopathy from the 1991 Gulf War 7 years 2 months ago #16

• kaz1311
  • EiR Newbie
Hi again,your message was very interesting to me Steve,although sad to hear that your health is so poor.
My husband too had a back problem and had a discectomy (dont know if I have spelt that right) a few years before his nuerological problems started,which caused problems in his leg that the Drs couldnt explain.And all his bloods used to come back normal too.
I dont want to make you worried more than you are,but I think the key is what cocktail of injections each soldier had.The list of injections that went out to the Gulf are on the Army website,but after reading some literature about GWS it seems apparent that not everyone had full courses of each drug,some may have had 2 of a course of 3,and I really do believe that that is the problem here.And the anti nerve agent tablets you all took would have to be my prime suspect I must admit. I do have some and will get them analised.
I hate that my husband went through what he did,and that MOD really dont want to help.It saddens me to know other exservice personel are going through similer too, but I kind of knew there would be others.
I will give you as much help as I can.
You need your consultant at the hospital to contact MOD though,because they said to me that they would only answer to them,and ask the consultant to record his letters, because they tried to tell me and the coroner that no one had contacted them about my husband,and I had proof that they had.You also want to know exactly what you were given,because they will tell you to look on the website,and that only tells you what was taken out there.You need to be very specific Steve.
MOD sent me all my Steves medical records up to being deployed,and then after you all came back, but nothing about the injections...which they said they had sent.
Steve was in 3RRF,who were you with?
I hope this will help a little,please dont hesitate to ask me anything.
Karen

Re: Abnormal brain response to cholinergic challenge in chronic encephalopathy from the 1991 Gulf War 7 years 2 months ago #17

Hi Karen, I remember having the injections, to which they gave me a little dark yellow booklet. I remember the booklet because for some reason i didn't get to hand mine in for a few weeks after I had returned home, whereas they seemed to collect everyones during their processing for the return journey. The medic I handed into was very surprised when I handed it in to him. Wished I'd kept it now. I'm just about to request a copy of all my medical records from the MOD. I wonder if I'll receive everything.
Thank you of your offer to help, I may take you up on it,
I was with 32 Regt RA and I must say that I have noted that there are quite a few passing away.
I see the neuro again on the 6th March, so hopefully he will give me an idea of what's going on.
Steve

Re: Abnormal brain response to cholinergic challenge in chronic encephalopathy from the 1991 Gulf War 7 years 2 months ago #18

Hi Karen, I have just sent you a message regarding an update on my neuro appointment yesterday.

Steve

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds