Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Abnormal brain response to cholinergic challenge in chronic encephalopathy from the 1991 Gulf War

Re: Abnormal brain response to cholinergic challenge in chronic encephalopathy from the 1991 Gulf War 8 years 6 months ago #7

• kaz1311
  • EiR Newbie
Thank you,shall look into that.
We have not heard anything yet,only some blood results from some tests that Steve had done 2 weeks prior to passing,which all came back negative for the things they were testing. Also with a letter to say that the Dr could not give us any answers to why Steve was so poorly and eventually passed away. I shall be for warding that letter to the coroners office just incase they havent got a copy.
The inquest isnt till June,I am really struggling with it all,and really angry with MOD,wondering if all Steves medical reports were with his records sent to the GPs on leaving the services,would the professionals at the hospital been able to save him,and prevent the trauma he went through and the sheer agony we feel as a family having lost him. I will get the answers one way or another,if it takes me the rest of my days.
Thank you so much for caring enough to write,it means alot that 2 complete strangers have been willing to help myself and my family try and find the answers we so desperatly need.
God Bless you
Karen
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Abnormal brain response to cholinergic challenge in chronic encephalopathy from the 1991 Gulf War 8 years 6 months ago #8

I really cant offer any help I am afraid - it just touched me as a tragic story. I really feel for you. Are you based in USA or UK? Have you thought about going to the press to try and find out more? Just an idea - it depends how strong you are feeling I suppose.
I stumbled on this website by accident and read your story - it sounds like you want and need answers - so would I. My heart truely goes out to you.
Much love

Sarah

Re: Abnormal brain response to cholinergic challenge in chronic encephalopathy from the 1991 Gulf War 8 years 6 months ago #9

I really cant offer any help I am afraid - it just touched me as a tragic story. I really feel for you. Are you based in USA or UK? Have you thought about going to the press to try and find out more? Just an idea - it depends how strong you are feeling I suppose.
I stumbled on this website by accident and read your story - it sounds like you want and need answers - so would I. My heart truely goes out to you.
Much love

Sarah

Re: Abnormal brain response to cholinergic challenge in chronic encephalopathy from the 1991 Gulf War 7 years 11 months ago #10

• kaz1311
  • EiR Newbie
Hi,just letting you know that I am still fighting to find out what was actually wrong with Steve. I have the support of Drs and Coroner,I am waiting now for MOD to send me some more of his medical records (the parts when he was serving in the 1st Gulf war) I will not rest until I find out what killed my husband,as none of it makes sense.
So I just wanted to let you know that I still have you in mind,when I get my answers I will write again.
We really would not like anyone else to go through what Steve went through,and us as a family in our massive loss.
Karen

Re: Abnormal brain response to cholinergic challenge in chronic encephalopathy from the 1991 Gulf War 7 years 10 months ago #11

• lyn559
  • EiR Newbie
I just want to say that my heart goes out to you and your family. There has been so much said about the Gulf War syndromes........it's all just horrifying.

My prayers are with you in you fight.

Re: Abnormal brain response to cholinergic challenge in chronic encephalopathy from the 1991 Gulf War 7 years 10 months ago #12

• kaz1311
  • EiR Newbie
Thank you Lynne,
its really hard I must admit and I am struggling with it all,on top of losing my best friend/husband.
MOD are not being very helpful really, (surprise surprise) which actually makes it look like they have something to hide, whether they have or not. Why they cant see that is beyond me!
I am going to carry on,I know it wont bring Steve back but they have really 'naffed' me off now,saying they do not have to give Steves medical records from the gulf to me,or any one else for that matter. Just very wrong in this day and age. They didnt help us when he was poorly and Drs needed their help,and looks like they are not going to help me find some kind of closure and be able to move on.
I was an army wife for the first ten years of our 29 year marriage,both our kids were born during that time and I have seen how they treat some people.BUT the bottom line is....if theres nothing to hide,just give the information to the the consultants,or me.
The stupid thing is Lynne,all I want to do is eliminate that it was nothing to do with those injections,I am not even saying at this point that they were,even though my heart and alot of people I speak to keep saying it has to be. All I want is for the question to be answered. I have been getting quite angry with the letters coming back,and if it continues I shall try and find a solicitor who will take it on,but it shouldnt need to come to that should it?
Obviously this makes my bereavement time all the harder...if thats possible!
Will try and get yet another letter off to them,but they will probably fob me off with something else. I am going to speak to the coroner who dealt with Steves stuff,who as been most helpful and send him the replies I have had,he may have more clout to get what he want .This as been requested because the hospital are still trying to work out what happened to Steve.Its them that need this info too. ......ITS AN INSANE SYSTEM.
I am determined to persue this though.
It was good knowing you would do the same too Lynne. That really helped me today especially as my mental health is being affected by this and having just had a bad weekend with that,it was good to read that a complete stranger agrees with what I am doing. So thanks very much.
Will keep updating
Thanks to everyone taking an interest and supporting me.
God bless
Karen xx

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds