Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: CA Gulf War Syndrome Trial Enrolling Now

CA Gulf War Syndrome Trial Enrolling Now 3 years 1 month ago #1

Hello I am trying to identify Veterans with “Gulf War Illness” from the 1991 Iraq war. As you know, almost a third of those deployed came back sick with this serious conditions. Their symptoms include fatigue, poor concentration, respiratory problems and rashes. We are conducting a research study of a new treatment for this condition in conjunction with the Palo Alto VA.

The treatment consists of a high potency nutritional supplement to support mitochondrial health + a low-dose medication. It’s designed to give patients more energy, better concentration, and a much better sense of well-being with very little risk of side effects.

Please open the link to see the flier. Thank you. gulfwartrials.org/
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CA Gulf War Syndrome Trial Enrolling Now 3 years 1 month ago #2

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Hello Deidre, I am the site administrator here at The Environmental Illness Resource. Our in-depth Gulf War Syndrome / Gulf War Illness overview is currently the most visited page by quite a margin. I've had quite a lot of positive feedback from veterans struggling with the symptoms you describe. They have also been kind enough to provide further information about conditions during their deployments and other factors that may have contributed to the development of their illnesses; I plan to use this information to update our GWI page shortly.

I wanted to thank you for posting here about your trial and let you know I will do all I can to help raise awareness of your work. It's vital veterans have access to treatments supported by clinical trials. I'll share a link to this page and to your flyer on our social media channels and also add a temporary notice (with link to your site) on our GWI overview page discussed above. I sincerely hope the trial yields promising results.

On a side note, given the large overlap in pathophysiology and symptoms with other conditions - particularly Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) - do you have plans to conduct trials using cohorts of patients with these syndromes? Or are you aware of researchers who may be looking at this?

Many thanks and good luck with this important work.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill
The following user(s) said Thank You: deirdreobrien

CA Gulf War Syndrome Trial Enrolling Now 3 years 1 month ago #3

• Maff
  • Administrator
Hi Deirdre,
Just following up to let you know I posted the details of your trial to the site's Facebook, Twitter and Google followers as promised. I sincerely hope you have had a good response.
Please do update us on your progress.
Best wishes,
Matthew

CA Gulf War Syndrome Trial Enrolling Now 3 years 1 month ago #4

Hello Matthew:

You are wonderful! Thank you so much for the help getting the word out.
I wanted to also let you know that Chronic Fatigue Syndrome has been our primary focus for many years. We recently concluded a study which was done at Stanford, with Dr. Jose Montoya and 3 other top CFS sites across the country. Please read the final study results and feel free to post wherever you feel it would be helpful.

Thank you again,

Deirdre
Attachments:

CA Gulf War Syndrome Trial Enrolling Now 3 years 1 month ago #5

• dadolphs
  • EiR Newbie
Hi Mathew, I know you and Deirdre have been in touch regarding the GWI Synergy Trial for the treatment of GWI, but I wanted to introduce myself in case you or any followers have questions. I am the Research Coordinator for this trial and our previous Synergy clinical trial for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I would also like to introduce our website, Hope for Fatigue which may be of interest to those who wish to learn about the link between mitochondrial dysfunction and degenerative illnesses, such as GWI: hopeforfatigue.org

Thanks for your support and best wishes,
Danya

CA Gulf War Syndrome Trial Enrolling Now 3 years 1 month ago #6

• Maff
  • Administrator
Hi Deirdre and Danya, thank you so much to both of you for the document and pointers to further information. I was planning to ask if you had anything I could post but I see Deirdre has already kindly provided the Synergy Trial results document. I will certainly post this and circulate to social media followers. I'll also write a blog about your collective work and link to the website Danya has provided above.
You all deserve medals for your work in this area as I know it is not 'A List' when it comes to medical research. I can guarantee that the people you are helping and will help in the future will more than make up for that with their appreciation. A huge thank you for everything on behalf of the 'Fatigue Syndromes' community!
Best wishes,
Matthew
The following user(s) said Thank You: dadolphs

• Page:

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds