Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Gulf War Syndrome 'Label'

Gulf War Syndrome 'Label' 9 years 7 months ago #1

• sclemson
  • EiR Newbie
Hi all, I served in what used to be the Staffordshire Regiment, and during the Gulf War I was in the Recce platoon! which meant I was in the thick of it all. Whilst out there I received all the vaccinations, the same as everybody else!
I served for 16 yrs up until I could not mentally and physically serve any longer.
I am now in receipt of a War Disablement Pension of 70% and connected to that Mobility supplement,Unemployability supplement etc, which means and am going through a Tribunal at the moment for a Detetoiration claim as my conditions have got alot worse!

My question is, Although I am getting alot of help from my EXCELLENT GP, Phsycologist,Phsyciatrist,Socail Worker,Consultants,and OT. I have never been given any strong answers as to what I am actually suffering with! i.e. yes I know I have \"Umberella Term Gulf War Syndrome\", No-one has ever said or confirmed what is making me ill? I have all the painful joints,Headaches,sleep disorders,nightmares,PTSD,flash backs,Anxiety disorders,shakes,sweats,vommiting,anger problems,sociualisation problems,cant leave my home without being fear!,relationship problems!,had a number of Operations on joints!,back pain, god the list can go on and on!

WHY CANT SOMEONE JUST SAY THIS IS WHAT IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, YOU HAVE THIS! It would make life just that little bit easier for me to know! instead I get \"sorry we just dont know what is making you this way\"!

In the mean time I have to take around 30 tablets a day! and yet I dont know why as it has never been explained to me! Its driving me mad not knowing, and being only 38! Im not a NORMAL 38yr old!

I have to constantly fight the MOD to proove that I am ill and am getting worse! its got to the point where over the past I have tried to take my life in so many different ways! I can not cope!

Has anyone esle felt the same way! has anyone found a Proffessional that can give answers?

Hope someone can help me with this.

Shaun
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Maff.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Gulf War Syndrome \"Label\"? 9 years 7 months ago #2

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi Shaun,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your post. I hope we can help!

All of us on this site are suffering from illnesses that are largely unexplained and often unrecognised by either doctors or the authorities. I personally was diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome/M.E. aged 12 and am now 30.

You will find if you read articles and research on the web that Gulf War syndrome, chronic fatigue syndrome and a number of other illnesses seem to have a lot in common. It seems vaccinations, antibiotics, chemicals, stress and other factors associated with modern life can cause some of use to spiral into illnesses that have yet to be properly defined. Sadly, the Gulf War provided \"the perfect storm\" for triggering these illnesses as all of these factors were present at the same time.

On the bright side progress is being made in uncovering the mysteries of Gulf War syndrome.

I really recommend you read this article first and perhaps contact the author, Professor Malcolm Hooper (University of Sunderland): Guts, Brains and Gulf Veterans

Another good article that explains how vaccinations can trigger environmental illnesses, including Gulf War syndrome: [urlhttp://www.ei-resource.org/articles/gulf-war-syndrome-articles/how-vaccinations-work/]How Vaccinations Work[/url]

You will no doubt also find some news articles of interest in the Gulf War Syndrome News section.

Once you have read some of this you should get an idea of how your problems are connected to the other illnesses and topics covered on this site so it'll be worth reading about some of those too.

Hopefully this information will give you some understanding of your problems and encouragement that there are things that can be done about them. If you have any further questions please don't hestitate to ask!

Sorry I'm not able to help with issues relating to your problems with the MOD etc. Unfortunately my sphere of knowledge doesn't extend that far.

Take care.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds