Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: CoQ10, anyone?

CoQ10, anyone? 5 years 8 months ago #1

Hello,

A friend recently recommended I take CoQ10. As I am not a supplement person, my question to you forum members are:
  1. Have you tried this supplement yet?
  2. What are the effects if any?

For those not so familiar with CoQ10, here's a good resource: products.mercola.com/coq10-ubiquinol/
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: CoQ10, anyone? 5 years 7 months ago #2

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 18
Hi sweetorange!

The effects of CoQ10 or any supplement always depends on what state of health you're in and other factors such as genetics and lifestyle etc.

Generally speaking though CoQ10 is a vital molecule in the energy production pathways in within the mitochondria and thus supplements may help increase perceived energy (physical and mental) and reduce fatigue etc.

I personally suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome and associated problems and find CoQ10 acts like a stimulant. It gives me energy and makes me feel good in the short-term but tends to overstimulate me which interferes with sleep and ends up leaving me even more tired. Like I said though, everyone is different!
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

CoQ10, anyone? 2 years 10 months ago #3

• jason34
  • EiR Newbie
CoQ10 gives me also more energy and decreased my fatigue as well. I use it not every day.

CoQ10, anyone? 2 years 10 months ago #4

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 18
There are now some enhanced versions of CoQ10 available as supplements such as Pyrroloquinoline Quinone (Bio PQQ) which may be even more effective. The manufacturers all point to animal studies showing this nutrient actually promotes the formation of new mitochondria, rather than simply improving the efficiency of existing mitochondrion.

Has anyone had any experience with Bio PQQ?
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds