Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Socks! Next & M&S adding unnecessary chems

Socks! Next & M&S adding unnecessary chems 4 years 6 months ago #1

• Jodie
  • Thank you received: 67
So here I am stocking up with winter socks only to find that a huge number of them now have added ionic silver or bactericide , e.g. Next are now adding Purista aka polyhexanide which ppl can have serious anaphylactic reaction to (only one pair in the shop didn't have this added, however they are not putting this info on their website). M&S are adding silver to quite a few of theirs - this would be silver ions which presumably can pass thru the skin barrier. I happen to be allergic to silver. However point here is this is totally and absolutely unnecessary and is yet another example of marketing trying to push not just unnecessary but possibly dangerous stuff onto the rest of us. Most folks would not even question it - and so eventually it becomes part of the mainstream mindset that it is unacceptable to have clothing w/out it being impregnated with antibacterials. If you come across any of this leave a review on the site under the item if you can - let it be known we don't want or need this rubbish! People read reviews before they buy.
Thanks!
xJodie
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Jodie.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds