Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: MCS new and I don´t know where to start

MCS new and I don´t know where to start 4 years 1 month ago #13

• jason34
  • EiR Newbie
About MCS, i do have some supplementing tips.

Magnesium oxide, one of the most poor absorbed magnesium form, is helping me with my MCS. My MCS symptoms reduced alot. Unfortunately i had to stop with it because it increased my brain fog (i suspect mag oxide makes my candida more worse). However, i start with it again but then with smaller doses to see if that works out for my brain fog.

In a discussion group here on EiR i received a tip from Paul/PDZ about Shark liver oil. I except it to be delivered this week. I am curious what that will do with my MCS symptoms.
Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by jason34.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

MCS new and I don´t know where to start 4 years 1 month ago #14

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Jason,

I did write a 3-part blog series on detoxification pathways, what can go wrong and foods and supplements that support the individual pathways. The series starts with Pathological Detoxifiers and Environmental Illness

It's also well worth using the search box at the top right of the site to look up articles on 'methylation and glutathione'. Additionally, I have personally had genomic testing which showed highest risk (homozygous gene variations) for impairment of both key methylation enzymes and glutathione production (one enzyme specific to the brain, the other the rest of the body). I know I've posted the results on the site somewhere so I'll see if I can dig out a link for you. If not I'll post them again in this thread. Finally, for understanding the effect of single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) on detoxification I recommend Googling 'Dr. Amy Yasko' - she knows the biochemistry inside and out and crucially what to do to get around genetic deficits.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

MCS new and I don´t know where to start 4 years 1 month ago #15

• Sinilind00
  • EiR Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1
Dear Maff,

Thank you for your answer!

I am not as good and as well educated as you on in expressing my point of view. What you write it makes sence, it is a central nervous system that has become extra sensitive and not that the enviornment is too toxic for me. Which can also happen, but it is not my case since I have lived in this enviornment without a problem for 27 years.

The thought of avoiding everything new, constantly worrying, being afraid- this way MCS would take over my life. There was time where I lived like this, when MCS was really bad. Now I have improved and I have to find a way to complete recovery since I want to be healthy again and not like the way I am also in this moment.

You asked me about my story and I have no problem in being open. It all started two years ago with some pain that was diagnosed as atypical trigeminal neuralgia.There were additional symptoms that were classified as concomitant conditions. Due to the fact that the responce to anti-convulsants has not been as would be expected a psychiatrist suggested a somatoform pain disorder. And from here it is a short step to other somatoform symptoms and MCS that is a somatoform symptom,
I am in different medication that is working a lot better, the only thing is that it seems like I need "something" more. This something can be on days sedatives, but I want something permanent. Something that makes me completely well. At this point I am taking it all really calmly and trying with vitamins and dietary supplements that are all natural and should have positive effect on my body. I will read what

MCS new and I don´t know where to start 4 years 1 month ago #16

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
You're welcome Sini...we have to help each other in any way we can with MCS as only fellow sufferers (or ex-sufferers in my case) can really understand what we're going through and we generally have a better understanding of the illness than anyone.

It sounds like you're on the right track and doing quite well which is great to read. From my personal experience that final step you are looking for could well be balancing hormones with replacement therapy - particularly adrenal steroids (cortisol and DHEA), thyroid hormones (thyroxine and T3) as well as any sex hormone imbalances e.g. oestrogen, progesterone, testosterone (yes, women have issues with testosterone just like us men!).

I would also be cautious in thinking that just because you have lived in your present environment for 27 years that it is not causing problems. I fully believe that to recover fully you need to strictly avoid all triggers of MCS symptoms and even chemical exposures that do not seem to have an adverse effect. There may be things in your environment you're exposed to chronically that you don't know about or haven't considered to be a problem so it's worth reading up on sources of exposure in the home and thinking about your environment again. Just my thoughts from my own experience. Good luck in finding the final piece of your personal MCS puzzle!
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

MCS new and I don´t know where to start 4 years 1 month ago #17

• Sinilind00
  • EiR Newbie
Hi Maff,

It must be so good to feel well like you! I am happy for you :)
Thank you for your answer, I don´t have that much to add, but I have some additional questions.
From what you have written it means I should have my hormones tested and I agree. I will do that. I am going to see my dermatologist next week and I am going to ask her for such test.
Why do you say "particularly adrenal steroids"? Is this also a treatment after the testing of the hormones or what would be the test to confirm the need for that?
Is this the way you got well or how did it happen in your case?
In addition do you think that avoiding the triggeres helped you to get well? In my case the spring and summer is coming and it seems like there were a lot of triggerers at that time, I was not feeling well last spring and summer. It is the time when everything is blooming and the sun is shining. The sun was the first triggerer I detected. And the blooming as well. There is no way to avoid it, I just have to hope that this year it will be easier.

So many questions again, I am really grateful for the answers and the communication!
J.

MCS new and I don´t know where to start 4 years 1 month ago #18

• Sinilind00
  • EiR Newbie
Hi Maff,

One more question, was it the same with you that the body adjusts to every new triggere. After some time the body gets used to and the initial triggerer is no longer a triggerer. This was not the case in the beginning of MCS, then my body didn´t get used, I just felt extremely bad for a extended period of time, sometimes even a week with the symptoms subsiding in the end of the named week.

J.

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds