Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Looking for a doctor

Looking for a doctor 3 years 10 months ago #1

• Cath
  • EiR Newbie
I have been suffering with worsening MCS symptoms over the last year. I am a cook, and spend a lot of time baking cakes. For around three years I inhaled pretty huge amounts of flour and icing sugar,without thinking there could be any health effects. My symptoms began when I noticed I was becoming dizzy whilst I was around flour/sugar and had a slight cough. This progressed to some massive coughing fits triggered by irritating my lungs, followed by a chest infection. i then became sensitive to pollens and especially mould in the atmosphere and have become increasingly sensitive to chemicals. I'm now reacting to everything, with constant severe "chemically" headaches, brain fog, dizziness, mental confusion, memory loss, as well as breathlessness, exhaustion, sinus pain, diarrhoea etc.

I had no idea what was going on until I researched online. I found out that yeast infections in the gut can be a factor in developing MCS, because of the toxins released. I also found out that mould sensitivity is classic, with a yeast type infection.

I think that the root of my problem may be an unusual systemic yeast infection that got into my body via my lungs. I did a mould check, in my home, to see what might be in the air, and got results analysed. It said there were some yeast spores present in the air. I think that coughing and irritating my lungs could have provided them a way into my bloodstream, which had far too much flour/sugar in it, which they could metabolise, and gave them a chance to spread, within my body. II've noticed an unusual little rash on my nipple, under the surface, which looks like a sort of "budding" yeast type infection. It would also make sense of why I felt dizzy when inhaling sugar/flour - these providing the ideal "food" for any yeast to metabolise to alcohols, or whatever.

I've been to my GP countless times and not got anywhere, and I've seen one environmental doctor, but he did not prove helpful - just suggested I do "desensitising" injections - which I tried but found no help at all.

I'm looking for a doctor who is experienced with environmental illness and who will actually listen and take into consideration how my problem developed. I think it must need treating with anti fungal drugs, as a start.

Does anyone have any suggestions of doctors who might be able to help?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Looking for a doctor 3 years 10 months ago #2

• Jodie
  • Thank you received: 67
Hi Cath

These have been recommended in the past

doctormyhill.co.uk/wiki/Main_Page

breakspearmedical.com

www.allergy-clinic.co.uk/about-dr-a-morris/

I haven't seen any of them myself -might be worth a phone call to see if they understand that you are trying to deal with a probable yeast issue, many docs don't believe there is such a thing apart from obvious toenail fungus or rare & deathly toxic stuff. Nothing in between exists apparently *rolls eyes* . Also run thru what you've already tried and that you don't want to go that way again.

ah just noticed you can also search for a practitioner here www.bsem.org.uk/resources/find-a-practitioner/
Last Edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Jodie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cath

Looking for a doctor 3 years 10 months ago #3

• Cath
  • EiR Newbie
Thanks.

Has anyone seen Dr. Damien Downing and if so, what was their experience?

Looking for a doctor 3 years 10 months ago #4

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi Cath,

Along with Dr. Myhill who has been my main go to doctor for 20 years, Dr. Pouria at The Burghwood Clinic in Surrey seems to come highly recommended by many. If you have the time you might want to read through this long forum thread myself and a number of other members had a few years ago. All the best docs for we invisible illness survivors are mentioned.

I've seen Damien Downing in York at his Nutrition Associates practice on and off and he certainly knows his stuff. I've had some very useful and cutting edge testing done through him as he's got many contacts and is always on abreast of the latest developments. He does have his treatments and approaches of choice though so it can sometimes be difficult getting your own views across! I'd recommend him if you're close to his York or London practices.

Good luck whichever doctor you decide to go with and remember we're always here to share experiences and help you out if we can!
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Looking for a doctor 3 years 10 months ago #5

• Cath
  • EiR Newbie
Thanks Maff. Dr Pouria sounds worth finding out more about.

Looking for a doctor 3 years 10 months ago #6

• Cath
  • EiR Newbie
Thanks Maff. Dr Pouria sounds worth finding out more about. Dr Myhill isn't taking any new patients, or I would try her.

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds