Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Experience w/ Ozone?

Experience w/ Ozone? 3 years 10 months ago #1

• JSmith567
  • EiR Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1
Do any MCS sufferers have any experience with using Ozone generators to get rid of odors?

I'm not referring to the ozone air purifiers, cleaners or filters, but the generators used after say "smoke damage." Where the idea is you set it up, leave the premises for a specified period of time, let the o3 do its thing....then return only after the area has fully aired out.

My family has two vehicles with awful odors that we just cannot seem to get rid of, and its to the point that I cannot ride in the cars any longer without having bad reactions. Thought o3 might be worth a shot, rather than starting the awful pursuit of finding a new (to me) vehicle that's "safe" from an MCS stand point.

Anyone have any experience? Did it help, make things worse, no change?

The research I can find seems to be "mixed" at best, so any experience or guidance you can provide is very much appreciated.

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Experience w/ Ozone? 3 years 10 months ago #2

• Jodie
  • Thank you received: 67
Hi JS, I asked this question at groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/GreenCanary/conversations/topics
and the replies were also mixed - do a search in the 'search conversations' box. Ozone used this way can be destructive to eg electrical wiring I seem to recall, & can loosen up a lot of chems which wd otherwise be trapped & not even offgassing - however others have used it successfully..

Jodie
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds