Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Certified Foam such as healthopedic?

Certified Foam such as healthopedic? 2 years 7 months ago #1

• Sandy
  • EiR Newbie
I was watching the shopping channel today and learned of this bed made with a certified healthy foam...
www.theshoppingchannel.com/Healthopedic/...esults?nav=n:2060124
I checked the certified foam site here
certipur.us/about-the-seal/

Since I am not up on my chemicals I wonder would this be better than a normal bed. I have read it is best to replace the bed you have with a cotton bed or cover it in tinfoil... would this be a decent alternative to improve health?

I am wondering if anyone else has researched this already. Looking for what you know. Thanks

ps I did more searching and found this
Foam is made from two key chemicals: A polyol and an isocyanate with water, typically this is Toluene Diisocyanate, known as TDI or more recently Methylene Diphenyl Diisocynate, known as MDI.2 You should be aware that polyurethane foam is derived from petroleum. In an unreacted state, these chemicals are considered hazardous, but when completely cured and fully reacted they are considered to be inert and non-toxic, though this is still debated by some.3 (Note: TDI is fully reacted in the foam manufacturing process and can not be found in cured foam.)

This has lead to third party organizations to appear on the scene such as CertiPUR who provide voluntary testing for foam producers and test for volatile organic compound emissions, formaldehyde, ozone depleters, prohibited phthalates, PBDE’s, and heavy metals.

Read more at www.sleepinglikealog.com/mattresses/matt...#ZihFqSz6qDkwoJeK.99

I am not sure ...what do you think?
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Sandy.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds