Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Tile adhesive and Grout for MCS

Tile adhesive and Grout for MCS 4 months 1 week ago #1

• O Mahony
  • EiR Newbie
Has anyone found a safe or 0/ v low VOC tile adhesive and grout that I can use in a section of the home I am hoping to finish in a safe way for my highly sensitive lungs.
Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tile adhesive and Grout for MCS 4 months 1 week ago #2

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 18
Hi there. Which country are you in please? We have members and visitors from all over the world so this information will be helpful to people who might be able to offer suggestions / solutions for you. Have you reacted badly to regular grout when wet in the past? It shouldn't be as much of a problem in terms of VOC out-gasing as say paint or wood finishes, but on the other hand it's always sensible to play it safe if your airways are highly sensitive / reactive.
I'm sorry that I can't help myself; I never had need to do any tiling during the years I was affected severely by MCS. In any any case, my symptoms were more neurological than respiratory so solutions may not have carried over anyway.
I hope someone comes along to offer some useful advice soon. Good luck and take care of yourself!
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Tile adhesive and Grout for MCS 4 months 1 week ago #3

• O Mahony
  • EiR Newbie
I live in Ireland. Mapei seem to be the only tile adhesive range that refer to emissions/EMICODE. I am being cautious with all building materials because I so sensitive. Thank for the kind words.

Is there a paint that you recommend?

Tile adhesive and Grout for MCS 4 months 1 week ago #4

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 18
You're welcome and thanks for letting us know you're in Ireland. I'm based in England and used the MCS-specific paints from ECOS Paints (here). I know they don't work for everyone affected by MCS but they were just fine for me in the times I had to wear a face mask even in my own bathroom and kitchen...
I hope you find paints and grout that you don't react to very soon!
Best wishes, Maff
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill
Last Edit: 4 months 1 week ago by Maff.

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds