Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Recovering from MCS? please share your experiences

Recovering from MCS? please share your experiences 3 months 2 weeks ago #1

• SeaTurtle
  • EiR Newbie
Im very new to MCS, just 2 weeks ago i figured out this is whats happening to me. The last weeks things have gotten in some sort of tailspin, from being able to do things a few weeks ago to hardly daring to leave my house right now.

My mind is constantly debating. I try to have hope that limbic retraining can help me. and then again i worry i am way too damaged for that and think of how to just end it all (sorry!).

My problems were caused by extensive pesticide treatment in our home (10x treatment with professional pyrethrins, synergists and IGRs), a traumatic time, and then (about 6 months later) being exposed to formaldehyde from new furniture while being on antibiotics. In the years before i already struggled with vague problems like burnout, hypoglycemia, migraines (wich could be triggered by smells) and IC.

Im really terrified and dont want to lose hope. Please tell me if you had succes with Limbic Retraining and/or other methods.

Much love and healing to you all!
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by SeaTurtle.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Recovering from MCS? please share your experiences 3 months 1 week ago #2

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi SeaTurtle, I'm sure I'm not the only one who can relate to your story and my heart goes out to you. It is very common for MCS to start off with just a few highly toxic chemicals and then very quickly develop to include virtually everything that has any degree of fragrance - even to the point where you can't even smell it.

Please don't apologize for discussing your state of mind; I for one have been there and thought about "ending it all" on many occasions but I am now incredibly grateful it never came to that as I have now been fully recovered for well over a decade after being housebound for over 5 years and also having to wear a face mask when venturing outside, having visitors and even in certain rooms in my home. I had to shower wearing my mask!

Reading through the exposures you've been through and also the fact you've been on antibiotics it is no surprise to me that you have ended up in your present predicament. I'm sorry it's no use to you now but for other readers it would have been best to stay away from your home for a period during and after the pesticide treatment and also a good idea to store the new furniture for a while (in a garage for example) to give it time for the formaldehyde to out-gas.

As for treatment; I was able to recover before the limbic training systems were available through a lot of reading and trial and error. That said, I had already realized that limbic sensitization was at the core of MCS and this is being born out by new research, not just for MCS but for related multi-system illnesses such as ME/CFS, fibromyalgia, depression and other sensitivity syndromes such as electrical sensitivity.

My own recovery was mainly down to strict avoidance of all chemical exposures, use of the carbon filter mask (use an N95 / N99 tested model like the U.Mask), and mantra meditation - which actually works in a similar way to limbic retraining in that it rewires the brain and reduces the sensitivity of the limbic system to chemical stimuli.

The limbic retraining systems now available are very good. They have distilled down all the research I trawled through years ago and put it into a format that is easy to follow and no doubt quicker to provide results than the route I had to take. I have since purchased the DNRS and Gupta systems to take a look and review them so I know I am promoting effective products on this website.

I would fully recommend them, certainly as a starting point, and if you search the site and the forums you will find many members who have recovered using these programs and written positive accounts of their use.

I sincerely hope this helps you and you're able to get on the track to recovery very soon. I want to leave you by again stating that I am fully recovered and live a normal life again in terms of my exposure to chemicals. I am now married and have a 9 month old daughter, as well as obtaining a degree and being able to work, so there is life after MCS. Many websites, forums and other sources will tell you that MCS is lifelong but I and many others who've gone through DNRS, Gupta and other methods are living proof that this is simply not the case!

I wish you all the best and am always here if you wish to speak further. Take care of yourself and good luck.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Recovering from MCS? please share your experiences 3 months 1 week ago #3

• ataraxy
  • EiR Newbie
Braining training treatments like the Gupta Programme are supported by some and not by others, so remain fairly controversial.

So this investigation into the claims made by the Gupta Programme by the UK Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) with regard to ME/CFS, Fibromyalgia and Electrical Sensitivity is useful because it shows that even the Gupta Programme has little evidence for the treatment with regard to those conditions. As a result the ASA upheld the complaint made to it www.meassociation.org.uk/2018/04/adverti...algia-11-april-2018/

This site also has a useful discussion of brain training multiplechemicalsensitivity.wordpress.com/ In particular, see the final paragraph in multiplechemicalsensitivity.wordpress.co...ch-patients-benefit/

The most important thing to do to get better is to get an accurate diagnosis of the cause of your MCS. Then you can treat the cause. I don't use this site much, so I don't know if it can recommend doctors that you can see. If it doesn't, post a reply and I can provide you with some advice.

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds