Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Blood brain barrier damaged so will never heal?

Blood brain barrier damaged so will never heal? 2 months 1 week ago #1

• Markela
  • EiR Newbie
I think my blood brain barrier is damaged due to a surge I got, and thus I may never heal from MCS? The blood brain barrier is what is keeping the chemicals away from the brain. What do you think?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Blood brain barrier damaged so will never heal? 2 months 6 days ago #2

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi Markela,
First of all I'm sorry to read of your troubles; all of us here have been there / are there so you're not alone. I have been healed / recovered from MCS for 12 years now so it is certainly not a lifelong illness as many would have you believe. I was confined to my home, taking showers wearing a filter mask as my bathroom made me react (despite being free from ALL chemical products!). Now I live life the same as "normal" people in terms of chemical exposures; although of course having gone through years of severe MCS I have the wisdom to avoid unnecessary exposures!
Back in 2012 I wrote a blog post titled 'Treatments to Protect and Heal the Blood-Brain Barrier'. It was shortly after I graduated with a bachelor's degree in Nutritional Medicine so it's well referenced and the recommendations still hold true today. If you wish you can read it here.
There is also a forum thread here at EiR titled 'Thiamine and the Blood Brain Barrier' where the original poster describes how thiamine (Vitamin B1) is very important for healing the blood brain barrier (BBB). Quite a few members posted and discussed a number of nutrients and supplements that can help to heal the BBB, aside from thiamine. This one you can read here.
I hope these help Markela. Never give up hope as there is life after MCS - that I can promise you - I am now married with a house and a 10 month old daughter!
Best wishes,
Maff
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Blood brain barrier damaged so will never heal? 2 months 6 days ago #3

• Markela
  • EiR Newbie
Thanks. I'll check out your links. And I will start with the b1 and choline I thnk. Much of the triggers I already have control on.

Blood brain barrier damaged so will never heal? 2 months 5 days ago #4

• Maff
  • Administrator
Glad I could be of some help and I hope you find the links useful. I think you're doing the right thing starting with thiamine and choline - make sure it's the phosphatidylcholine (PPC) type or choline with a high PPC content (depending on your budget). These two nutrients are not only some of - or the most - important of the nutrients mentioned for BBB healing, functioning and integrity but they are also inexpensive (especially B1) which is a rare thing when dealing with environmental illness as I'm sure you've discovered!
Good luck Markela and best wishes,
Maff

Blood brain barrier damaged so will never heal? 2 months 5 days ago #5

• Markela
  • EiR Newbie
Are there any specific good phosphatidylcholine supplements you would recommend? And how is the effectiveness of supplements compared to eating high PPP food like eggs?

Blood brain barrier damaged so will never heal? 2 months 11 hours ago #6

• Maff
  • Administrator
Life Extension and Thorne have always been good brands. My advice would be to have a look on iherb.com (biggest range, cheapest prices) and take a look at the reviews and the costs involved as they vary hugely between brands. The old adage holds very true for nutritional supplements and 'nutriceuticals' though - you get what you pay for...
Good question re: eggs. With eggs you're getting PPC in the form the body can use easiest - along with a host of supporting nutrients. However, you'd have to eat a barn full to get the amount of PPC in a single supplement capsule (slight exaggeration perhaps)!

• Page:

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds