Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: DHEA and MCS

DHEA and MCS 8 years 4 days ago #1

• lloyd
  • EiR Junior
Hi Maff,

I was wondering how much time it took for you to get rid of MCS with DHEA?

I ask because I wonder about the wisdom of taking one more capsule...

Martin Pall treatment got all symptoms under control (to nothing) and the remaining problems are the side effect and the problem I cannot stop (because of the brain training all symptoms comes back quickly, until the time my brain will be untrained)

And I'm contemplating slowly reducing the dosage of each capsule instead...

My real only hope with DHEA is, perhaps, it helps to get rid of the brain training quicker?

Do you have any thought on the topic?

Also, I found your post:
www.ei-resource.org/support/blog/entry/my-dhea-conundrum

And I don't have Depression or Anxiety, so I'm not sure DHEA is relevant to me. Further, as I got better, I got a lot of energy back!...
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Maff. Reason: Updating Link
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:DHEA and MCS 8 years 3 days ago #2

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 15
Hi Lloyd,

For me the DHEA actually reversed my MCS symptoms pretty quickly. I'm talking only a few months at 25mg/day. I can be fairly sure it was the DHEA that was the solution as I wasn't taking anything else at the time. This however doesn't constitute scientific proof...just my personal experience.

There is certainly logic behind why it would successfully treat MCS however. A lot of research shows MCS is the result of over-activation of various parts of the brain (e.g. limbic system) in response to tiny amounts of chemicals. DHEA may prevent this from occurring as it calms the brain by enhancing the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA (and no doubt has many other effects).

Research also shows the brain is constantly changing, making new connections, breaking old ones etc. There is no reason therefore why the brain cannot unlearn MCS-reactions - perhaps with the aid of DHEA.

I would advise against using the minimum amount of DHEA you might gain benefit from however. It is a powerful steroid hormone (the only one not regulated in the USA). It is best to use it under a doctor's guidance.

It doesn't matter that you don't suffer from depression or anxiety as MCS is still a neurological problem and DHEA works on the brain.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Maff. Reason: Grammar/Spelling

Re:DHEA and MCS 7 years 11 months ago #3

• lloyd
  • EiR Junior
Hi Maff,

Thanks for your quick answer and sorry for my slow reply! :whistle:

As a bit worried as I was struggling with the side effects!...
No it's a bit more under control and I think I will definitely carefully try DHEA!...

Re:DHEA and MCS 7 years 11 months ago #4

• dwise21
  • EiR Senior
Hi...I was wondering if you were taking anything else with the DHEA?....I feel like my LDA isnt working...I only had 2 injections though...but my mouth is inflammed almost everyday....I am willing to try anything at this point...if I come into contact with detergents..perfumes..(I cant go to the grocery store anymore) my mouth become inflammed for hours if not days...I am tired of being in pain...my doctor wont give me anything for the pain incase it could interfer with LDA...I have 2 children...man this is hard to deal with and I feel like I am putting my family on the side because of MCS! I just need some more advice....I want to buy DHEA but jut need to know if I should be taking anything else with it...

Thanks
Denise H.

Re:DHEA and MCS 7 years 11 months ago #5

• lloyd
  • EiR Junior
Hi Denise,

I follow Martin Pall treatment.
Read my blog posts about MCS on my personal blog:
www.galador.net/blog/category/MCS.aspx

It's obvious it's doing great, now I'm almost pain free in my little village!
but there are 2 problems:
- There are side effects! I'm currently trying experimenting how to reduce the dosage.
- the real problem of MCS is the brain training / increased sensibility. It will takes year without pain to get long term benefit.

Maff had a great experience with DHEA and it is his hypothesis that it attacks the brain training directly. I have the feeling DHEA helps as well, but nothing certain at the moment.

Re:DHEA and MCS 7 years 11 months ago #6

• dwise21
  • EiR Senior
Thanks lloyd...I will read your blog posts...at this point I would love to be healthy at least feel better...
Thanks
Denise H.

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds