Review Detail

LifeWave Glutathione Patch (Y-Age)
LifeWave Products
Written by Maff     September 26, 2008    
To put it mildly the Lifewave glutathione patch is impressive. Within 15 minutes of first applying one I began to feel slightly nauseous and woozy. Since nothing enters the body from the patches I can only assume this was a "Detox" reaction due to toxins being mobilised in my body by increased glutathione levels.

I have tried many other ways of raising glutathione from reduced glutathione and N-Acetyl-Cysteine supplements to non-denatured whey and intravenous glutathione and never experienced a reaction like this. Studies carried out so far on the Lifewave glutathione patch have indeed shown it is able to raise blood glutathione levels significanctly in a very short period of time.

I continued to wear the patches for a month and for the first 3 or 4 times I always experienced the "detox" reaction but after that I simply gained a general sense of well being which may well have continued to increased had I used the patches longer. Which brings me to my only negative point....cost.

A month's supply of the Lifewave glutathione patch costs around $60. I would like to use them on a continual basis but this is currently beyond my financial reach. I do use the Lifewave Silent Nights patches to aid sleep as I feel this is most important. When put into context however, Lifewave glutathione patches are comparable in price to non-denatured whey products which I have found to be less effective in a clearly discernible way.

My advice would be to try the patches for yourself and see if you get any benefits. Trial packs are available cheaply which allow you to see if they work for you before you pay out for a month supply.

Like many people I was initially sceptical of Lifewave patches but chronic illness has taught me that it is worth trying anything no matter if science has proven how it works or not (especially where there is no risk involved). I do and always have respected the scientific method but there are a lot of double standards. Lifewave patches and the principles of acupuncture on which they are based are often derided while antidepressant drugs are routinely dished out in their millions......despite a long side-effects list and compelling evidence that they are little more effective than placebo.

I'd recommend anyone try the Lifewave glutathione patches and make up their own minds. You may well be amazed at the results.

Overall rating 

Perceived Effectiveness  

Lack of side effects (tolerability)  

Ease of use  

Value for money  

Would you recommend? 

Maff Reviewed by Maff September 26, 2008
Last updated: July 29, 2009
#1 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (107)

Improve detox ability effectively and quickly

To put it mildly the Lifewave glutathione patch is impressive. Within 15 minutes of first applying one I began to feel slightly nauseous and woozy. Since nothing enters the body from the patches I can only assume this was a "Detox" reaction due to toxins being mobilised in my body by increased glutathione levels.

I have tried many other ways of raising glutathione from reduced glutathione and N-Acetyl-Cysteine supplements to non-denatured whey and intravenous glutathione and never experienced a reaction like this. Studies carried out so far on the Lifewave glutathione patch have indeed shown it is able to raise blood glutathione levels significanctly in a very short period of time.

I continued to wear the patches for a month and for the first 3 or 4 times I always experienced the "detox" reaction but after that I simply gained a general sense of well being which may well have continued to increased had I used the patches longer. Which brings me to my only negative point....cost.

A month's supply of the Lifewave glutathione patch costs around $60. I would like to use them on a continual basis but this is currently beyond my financial reach. I do use the Lifewave Silent Nights patches to aid sleep as I feel this is most important. When put into context however, Lifewave glutathione patches are comparable in price to non-denatured whey products which I have found to be less effective in a clearly discernible way.

My advice would be to try the patches for yourself and see if you get any benefits. Trial packs are available cheaply which allow you to see if they work for you before you pay out for a month supply.

Like many people I was initially sceptical of Lifewave patches but chronic illness has taught me that it is worth trying anything no matter if science has proven how it works or not (especially where there is no risk involved). I do and always have respected the scientific method but there are a lot of double standards. Lifewave patches and the principles of acupuncture on which they are based are often derided while antidepressant drugs are routinely dished out in their millions......despite a long side-effects list and compelling evidence that they are little more effective than placebo.

I'd recommend anyone try the Lifewave glutathione patches and make up their own minds. You may well be amazed at the results.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2

Ordering 

Written by Caroline
November 11, 2018
Glutathione new wave patches

Have been placing these on specified points shown in the instructions since July.
I tend to use 2 times a week, but may well increase to 3 as we are now coming into the winter season.

I thought I’d give these a try as had a real bad virus caught off a waiter on a summer cruise, and to feel like that in the summer just alerted me to wanting to stoke my immunity somehow ....

Initial patching brought on woozy head and a sort of flu like feeling
However that lasted only on the first few initial times of use.

Since using these patches I have felt complete relief of reflux and gastrointestinal issues which were starting to become a familiar visitor. I so far have not caught colds that other people I come into contact with have, this is very unusual for me.....I usually catch every cold going round.
I feel an increased sense of calm & even find my sleep is improving (a decade of issues here although linked to menopause)

I obviously have yet to get through our winter so the verdict is out till April but I’m hopeful!
I like so many others felt skeptical yet all I can say is I’m feeling an increased level of energy, well being and happier mood...... are LifeWave really onto something?

They are expensive but all the pills and potions that promise to deliver but then don’t or just patch over a problem mount up over time with often no positive outcome, so I think on performance so far (5 months) I’m going to keep with these!
In reply to an earlier comment

Maff Written by Maff
November 28, 2018
Hi Caroline,

I'm so glad to read that you too have had a positive experience with the LifeWave Glutathione patches. It sounds like your initial reaction was exactly the same as my own and I can only assume it is a detox reaction - confirming that the patches work as advertised.

I too have tried all of the other supposed glutathione boosters such as N-Acetyl-Cysteine and expensive undenatured whey products and noticed no such detox reaction from any of them. It's likely the first few times we use the patches we have a large "toxic load" and this is what results in the flu-like symptoms as the patches increase glutathione rapidly and liberate toxins from the cells and organs (liver, gallbladder, lymphatic system etc). After a few days this will decrease so these symptoms are less pronounced but the patches will still be doing their job and maintaining higher glutathione levels.

I agree the price could be a little lower but like you say, compared to the other premium glutathione products the LifeWave patches are pretty much on a par and subjectively seem to be far more effective.

I'm happy to read you're also getting a lot of other benefits and hope they carry on through the winter.

As a side note; I've actually found the Aeon patch is actually more effective for sleep than Silent Nights. The Aeon supposedly acts to balance stress hormones so it makes sense that this would be the case if you struggle with stress and anxiety as I do. They also reportedly reduce inflammation so work in conjunction with the Glutathione patches as part of LifeWave's 'Y-Age' package.

Anyway, I just wanted to reply to your comment given you've had exactly the same experience with the patches as I had on first use. There are many who will vehemently argue that LifeWave is a scam so it's good to read of a positive experience that matches my own. I wouldn't recommend them if I didn't feel they were of benefit so its brilliant to know you're getting that benefit yourself.

Let us know if you continue to see these improvements over the winter months if you can.

All the best,
Maff
2 results - showing 1 - 2