Review Detail

Clonazepam (Klonopin)
Sleep and Anti-Anxiety Medication
Written by Maff     March 29, 2011    
I have used clonazepam to help me get off to sleep and also for treating the symptoms of anxiety like restlessness, irritability, and muscle tension.

For sleep it is great as I often have great trouble falling asleep due to a racing mind at bed time. After taking 0.5mg of clonazepam in tablet form I am out like a light in 10-15 minutes. Due to clonazepam having a short half-life in the body the effects have worn off by the morning so I do not experience any residual drowsiness, which is great!

For anxiety it doesn't get the same thumbs up from me. It is just too potent. Even at a low dose of 0.5mg taken twice a day I feel noticeably drowsy. I don't like anxiety but I also don't want my consciousness to be impaired by a treatment. I have found diazepam, which is less potent but longer lasting and more even in its effects, to be a much better choice.

Overall rating 

Perceived Effectiveness  

Lack of side effects (tolerability)  

Ease of use  

Value for money  

Would you recommend? 

Maff Reviewed by Maff March 29, 2011
#1 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (107)

Good for sleep - too potent for use during the day

I have used clonazepam to help me get off to sleep and also for treating the symptoms of anxiety like restlessness, irritability, and muscle tension.

For sleep it is great as I often have great trouble falling asleep due to a racing mind at bed time. After taking 0.5mg of clonazepam in tablet form I am out like a light in 10-15 minutes. Due to clonazepam having a short half-life in the body the effects have worn off by the morning so I do not experience any residual drowsiness, which is great!

For anxiety it doesn't get the same thumbs up from me. It is just too potent. Even at a low dose of 0.5mg taken twice a day I feel noticeably drowsy. I don't like anxiety but I also don't want my consciousness to be impaired by a treatment. I have found diazepam, which is less potent but longer lasting and more even in its effects, to be a much better choice.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments