Ease of use 

Value for money 

Usefulness of results 

Would you recommend? 

Maff Reviewed by Maff    July 20, 2009
Last updated: July 29, 2009
#1 Reviewer   -   View all my reviews

Useful in any unexplained chronic illness

The intestinal permeability test is so easy to perform at home and is relatively inexpensive (I paid about £40/$65) that I'd recommend anyone with unexplained chronic health problems does one, whether they have digestive symptoms or not.

The number of conditions that researchers are linking to increased intestinal permeability/leaky gut syndrome is increasing all the time. Studies are currently underway to determine its role in chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), and it has already been linked to Crohn's disease, autoimmune diseases including lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, thyroiditis, and may be associated with asthma as well as food allergy and intolerance, and allergies in general.

This test may also alert patients and health care providers to the presence of malabsorptive conditions including celiac disease.

It is becoming increasingly apparent that the health of the entire body depends on the health of the GI tract. This simple and inexpensive test gives a good picture of how well the GI tract is doing its job of absorbing nutrients while acting as a barrier against toxins, allergens, and microorganisms.

A good initial screen of gut health. If results show malabsorption or leaky gut syndrome further testing (usually more expensive) can help to determine the cause and appropriate treatment.

This test really helped to confirm my suspicions that poor gut health was behind the worsening of my health problems which include chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), allergies, multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS), irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), and chronic liver toxicity.

Lab Name

Lab Name
Biolab (UK)
Was this review helpful to you? 
Report this review

Comments

Active Groups

EiR on Facebook

Follow us on Facebook

EiR on Google+

EiR on Twitter

Follow The EiR on Twitter