Black, grimy water shooting out of their twin daughters' bath toys gave an Ohio couple a nasty surprise recently. Initially they wondered what the cause could be but it soon dawned on them that the culprit had to be black mold.
Ryan and Katie Scott described how black mold turned a regular bathtime for their 2-year-old twins, Sammy and Lizzy, into a potential health hazard to the entire family in an interview with local TV news (WLWT5).
"They squirt them [the toys] all over and sometimes in their mouths and all of a sudden this black stuff is squirting out and we were like, 'What can that be?'" said Katie.