Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: My story & building and health

My story & building and health 4 years 3 months ago #1

• AranB
  • EiR Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello EI community!

I wanted to share with you my story of struggling with EI and a link to my Indiegogo campaign. I am a designer and researcher, and am very interested in the relationship between building and health. My interests stem from my own personal battle with EI over the past year. I am about to go back to school this fall for Urban Design strategy at Parsons School of Design in NYC, where I hope to study environmental health on the urban scale.

Here is the link:

igg.me/at/aranscampaign/x/3818966

I am hoping my story will help educate people about Environmental Illness and chemical sensitivity. If you feel inspired, please pass it on (there are some easy share tools, etc.). Thanks so much in advance…

Also, let me know if you have any questions about how to make your home or office a healthier place to be. I have been studying Building Biology over the past year and am happy to answer any questions you might have.

Thank you for reading!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maff

My story & building and health 4 years 3 months ago #2

• Jodie
  • Thank you received: 65
Hi Aran and welcome :) I have to say I didn't even know there was a subject called Building Biology! seems we may be getting thru to a new wave of designers.. I hope so.

An interesting quote from this site..

"Some MCS cases are traced to a time period where the person lived or worked in a particular new or newly remodeled building ("sick building syndrome") where the outgassing of the organic solvents may have had a role in inducing MCS. One of the most interesting examples of MCS/sick building syndrome occured about 15 years ago when the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency remodeled its headquarters and some 200 of its employees became chemically sensitive. The obvious interpretation of this pattern of incidence of MCS is that pesticide or high level or repeated organic solvent exposure induces cases of MCS"

www.ei-resource.org/articles/multiple-ch...-end-of-controversy/

And here's a couple more sites you might want to post on

health.groups.yahoo.com/group/GreenCanary/

planetthrive.com

Best of luck with your future studies - I hope we find you making waves in building design in the future. Will keep an eye on your blog .. ;)

Jodie

My story & building and health 3 years 10 months ago #3

• Joseph F
  • EiR Junior
hbelc.org/about.html . i did several workshops out there in florida . Being in the trade i just loved it . i would get these horendous headaches on the plane ride out . But would keep going back . Germans have alot of info on this subject .Favorite workshop was on electricity or emf's .

My story & building and health 3 years 9 months ago #4

• Sheri T
  • EiR Newbie
Flying in a jet will make me feel horrible..due to the cleaning chemicals and even some insecticides
they spray in the planes.. The seats are sprayed perhaps with something like lysol disinfectants
then add the perfume and cologne on the passenger...

Add to that almost everyone lately gets bronchitis or a cold from the recirculating cabin air
just had a friend get a cold going on the jet and on the way back bronchitis
SheriT

My story & building and health 1 year 10 months ago #5

Hey Aran, Just reading your story now, 2 years later. Curious to know if you are well and taking the world by storm!

How do building architects, and the like, manage the dirt and muck and bacteria that comes in through the front entrance? Or even try to reduce it, in an effort to reduce maintenance costs and sick building syndrome?

If I can be of help, you can contact me at WaterHogPlus.com

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds