Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Medical Mysteries TV Documentary

Medical Mysteries TV Documentary 2 years 5 months ago #1

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 18
Hi All,

I've been contacted by a Tigress Productions here in the UK. They are making a 6 to 8 episode documentary series named 'Medical Mysteries' for Channel 5 about illnesses like those we all suffer from (or have suffered from) here. Whether you are ill and searching for answers, have a diagnosis and are undergoing treatment, or have been lucky enough to recover...they would like to tell your story.

Here's the blurb I received from Rosa the show's Producer:

Do you have a mystery illness or medical condition that’s proving impossible to diagnose?
Have you tried a long series of medical treatments and finally been cured?

Tigress Productions would like to speak to people with medical mystery experiences for a new TV documentary series.

Please call 0117 933 5654/ 0117 933 5609 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for more information.

So, if you'd like the chance to share your story and spread the word about environmental and invisible illnesses to a national UK audience and perhaps get the diagnosis and medical help you need as part of the process, please get in touch with Rosa directly (as above) or with me here and I'll pass your information or any questions on.

As things stand I will be taking part myself so I will be along for the journey with any of you who wish to join me!
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Medical Mysteries TV Documentary 2 years 5 months ago #2

• Jodie
  • Thank you received: 65
I hope you're setting the T&Cs this time Maffles, & make them sign it in blood :side:
The following user(s) said Thank You: BA Nut

Medical Mysteries TV Documentary 2 years 5 months ago #3

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 18
Most definitely! I should have mentioned that as I'll make sure anyone else who wants to take part is happy with what they're being asked to do and contracts are signed before filming as well.

I'm in talks with another German production company personally as well and as soon as they asked if I'd be interested I shot an email back saying "only if we agree what's involved and how much you're paying me and sign a contract first". They seemed mildly shocked at my bluntness but agreed without a problem regardless. I don't want people to think I will only do this type of thing to raise awareness if there is a pay day involved but since many of us are unable to work a full-time job (or any job) it's certainly a bonus and media companies have the budgets to compensate people reasonably for their time.

So everyone, if you have concerns let me know and I will negotiate on behalf of us all to minimise the chance of anyone getting messed about.
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Medical Mysteries TV Documentary 2 years 5 months ago #4

• Jodie
  • Thank you received: 65
Good to know Maff :) seems they are scouting around, I put this up on the MCAD Facebook forum & one girl replied "I spoke to them last week, sent photos. They need to speak with my consultant first as it is patient/Dr follow and will come back to me."
Interesting.

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds