Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Mattresses, chemicals, somewhere safe to sleep?

Mattresses, chemicals, somewhere safe to sleep? 2 years 5 months ago #1

• JSmith567
  • EiR Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello everyone! So this is only my second post to this board, but I am in need of all of your guidance. I've been suffering from MCS for about 3-4 years now, and have done quite a bit to make my living arrangements tolerable. Unfortunately, the building I live in recently went under construction and I had to leave.

I've been staying with a relative the past couple of nights, and thankfully since its summer, Ive been able to have the windows open. The problem I am running into is the mattress. Its got a distinct chemical smell to it, and while I've been able to survive the past couple of nights with a fan blowing right on me....I don't know how many more I can do.

The mattress is old (12+ years), but I have to assume is a flame retardant that I smell that hasn't fully offgassed. Unless someone else has another idea what it could be?

I'm looking for any ideas on quick solutions to this problem. Being that its not my house, I don't know that running out and buying a new bed is the way to go. Although I could probably do that if I had to...but I don't know how fast of a turn around that could realistically be.

Another challenge that I face is a safe place to off-gas things. I don't have a place to "leave it in the sun for a few days"....

Sooooo....anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks so much in advance!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mattresses, chemicals, somewhere safe to sleep? 2 years 5 months ago #2

• Jodie
  • Thank you received: 64

Mattresses, chemicals, somewhere safe to sleep? 1 year 8 months ago #3

• Jodie
  • Thank you received: 64

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds