Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Non-toxic way to "seal in" fragrance??

Non-toxic way to "seal in" fragrance?? 1 year 9 months ago #1

Hi everyone! I am living with MCS/EI and have recently moved into a home which, to my changrin, has fragrance embedded in the floor and walls.
MY QUESTION IS whether any of you have had any luck successfully "sealing" in fragrance in a wall (or cement slab) with paint or other product and, if so, what product did you use? I have never tried the zero-VOC paints so I don't know if those are non-toxic enough to use with MCS. I have a good ozone machine so, if the smell is such that it will respond to ozone, then I could deal for a couple days. I cannot, however, use anything that will take weeks for ozone treatments to clear out.
I have been ozone shocking all the smelly areas for two to three weeks and, although there is some improvement, at this rate it will take another month to be rid of it (if it does go.) I am concerned I'll lose my housing by then as I can't afford to be here alone and I don't feel right having a potential roommate come over for a "test visit" until I know I have the fragrance fully gone. Any ideas? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Non-toxic way to "seal in" fragrance?? 1 year 9 months ago #2

• Jodie
  • Thank you received: 64
Have you looked at AMF Safecoat? www.afmsafecoat.com I haven't tried their products but I know MCS'ers who have. For decorating - we use Ecos paints, but I have to keep away from the area for 2-3 days. Everyone is different when it comes to levels of sensitivity to paints - or anything else come to that - so best to test an area first if you can, even if its a piece of board you can paint & leave in another room.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds