Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: MCS and Benzodiazapine medicines

MCS and Benzodiazapine medicines 9 months 2 hours ago #7

• lymome3
  • EiR Newbie
Part 2
The Failsafe diet has helped me get rid of all of my hives.
www.failsafediet.com/about-food-chemical...s-the-failsafe-diet/
www.fedup.com.au/factsheets/symptom-factsheets/depression
It should also help with depression although you will still have to deal with SSRI withdrawal symptoms.
"Intolerance to antidepressants may be a sign of food intolerance. People for whom these drugs do not work can do extremely well on diet (common genetic mutations of the CYP450 system of enzymes also appear to be involved in food intolerance).
Read more: Treatment-resistant depression: When antidepressant drug intolerance may indicate food intolerance. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11982551

"SSRI antidepressants can be dangerous for people who can't metabolise them due to common genetic mutations of the CYP450 system of enzymes."

Once I stabilized with no hives through diet, I tapered off all 7 of my useless antihistamines (benedril, hydroxyzine, xyzal / Zyrtec , claritin, singular (helped the most but made me further depressed), allegra ...). During tapering off of the antihistamines my hives were worse than they had ever been but I ignored them and continued. After 2-3 weeks these rebound hives all disappeared and I remain hive free if I don't cheat on my super restrictive diet.
Survivingantidepressants.org and a couple other sites say it is important that you taper off the antihistamines before the antidepressants because they have overlapping properties. Many antihistamines ( think hydroxyzine which I really like) are also antidepressants. It is also important to taper your benzos first. I know this website seems to advicate benzo use but for me they did nothing to stop my hives or symptoms and being given Xanax at the hospital may have triggered my symptoms. I had no problem tapering my benzos (Xanax and Klonopin) but I was not on them long as they felt so good they scared me.
I love the failsafe diet. I found it after I discovered that I was Aspirin sensitive. However I have not done the challange diet and re-introduced foods because I am relying on them going away when I get off Paxil. My 15 month taper on liquid Paxil has me down to 1mg currently. However even with an insulin syring for further tapering, each time I taper I get anxiety attacks and crying spells. SSRI withdrawal sucks.
Warning going on a diet which is too salicylate free can result in your MCS getting worse. I do notice that I am now much, much more sensitive to smells. And the facial swelling and throat pain are terrifying. To avoid this while you are still reactive I would try taking caspsaicin (red chili pepper powder not capsules) with yogurt 30 minutes before all meals containing salisylates.
(am going to try now but while sitting in my doctor's office).
The capsaicin challenge
www.fedup.com.au/factsheets/additive-and...salicylates#antidote
Spicy foods contain capsaicin, 6 weeks red chili pepper capsules decrease IBS
gut.bmj.com/content/65/1/155.full#ref-27

Another favorite website:
salicylatesensitivity.com
slightlynuttywriter.blogspot.com/2010/04...ar-hypoglycemia.html
Last Edit: 9 months 2 hours ago by lymome3.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

• Page:

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds