Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sensitive to Plastic. Dental filling advice

Sensitive to Plastic. Dental filling advice 4 months 2 weeks ago #1

Hi everyone!

I have recently found out I'm extremely sensitive to plastics. I can't even put a plastic water bottle between my lips for 10 seconds with burning them. Sadly I have already had a composite resin dental filling put in late last year before I found out about my sensitivities. For months now, I've been having a throbbing tooth problem that keeps coming and going constantly but the Dentist couldn't find anything wrong with the work. It wasn't until recently I thought the two might be connected. I am hoping to go to my next appointment armed with more information and what safe fillings, fillers and cement/linings to use as an alternative. I am hoping at my next appointment to also get a list of exactly what the Dentist may have put inside so I can cross check. I can't begin to imagine all the fillings that are petroleum derivatives

While I do have your ear regarding dentistry, what kind of toothbrush/floss am I looking to get if I have such an adverse reaction to plastic? I'm beginning to think the bristles are affecting me, but who knows?

Thank you!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sensitive to Plastic. Dental filling advice 3 months 3 weeks ago #2

• tamie
  • EiR Newbie
Hi Spleenpoker,

After much hit and miss with dental materials, i did blood testing through www.ccrlab.com, it is a comprehensive test, and is accurate for 18 to 24 months. I used to go to a holistic dentist, and he used to give me a cured sample of composite to leave in my mouth as often, and for long as i could, but i personally found this to be quite unreliable, nothing compares to having it glued in your mouth 24/7. Like you, i think my problems are with petroleum derivatives :( judging by reactions i have had in everyday life with other products containing these.

Good luck :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.905 seconds