Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Restless legs syndrome

Restless legs syndrome 6 years 11 months ago #1

HEY! It's a magnesium deficiency! I started taking \"Ionic Fizz\" drink mix and Voila! No more RLS. I've also used \"Serene\", and \"Calm\", which probably work as well. I'm curious about topical magnesium lotions and sprays, but haven't tried them yet. And what about just soaking in Epsom (Magnesium sulfate) salts?

Good luck!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Restless legs syndrome 6 years 11 months ago #2

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 18
Hi there,

Yes, magnesium acts as a natural tranquiliser to inhibit nerve activity and reduce muscular contractions and spasms...so in theory it should be helpful for RLS. Great to hear it has worked for you!

I would very much recommend using Epsom salts as both the magnesium and sulphate appear to be well absorbed through the skin. I read of a scientist who had tested and confirmed this but the name escapes me right now, sorry. In my personal experience a 20 minute footbath with half a cup of Epsom salts dissolved in it calms my nerves and reduces symptoms of anxiety, restlessness and irritability, whilst also helping me sleep if used an hour or two before bed. A plain footbath doesn't have anything like the same effect. Great when epsom salts are so cheap compared to magnesium supplements!
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill

Restless legs syndrome 1 week 39 minutes ago #3

• molypoly
  • EiR Newbie
I didn't know this. Perhaps I could try too. Thanks for sharing.

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds