Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: D Ribose

D Ribose 1 month 1 day ago #1

• Sona
  • EiR Newbie
Hi all
I was very interested to see a thread online here on EIR discussing D Ribose and Candida.
I was releived that the information came back, that D Ribose does not promote candida growth.
I however have another question, if anyone could attempt an answer I would be very grateful.
I suffer from hypothyroidism. Can D Ribose affect the thyroid in any way, especially Hypothyroidism. Thank You. Great Website.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

D Ribose 3 weeks 1 day ago #2

• Maff
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi Sona,
I'm glad you like my site, thanks for the complement. Credit of course is also due to the hundreds, if not thousands, of others who have also contributed over the years (some in particular - you know who you are!).
To your question - which is a great one by the way. The main effects of D Ribose supplementation are of course in theory to increase ATP (cellular energy). With respect to the thyroid then and an underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism) specifically, I would suggest that if anything the use of D Ribose could be of benefit and allow for a reduction in other measures you may be taking to deal with the condition.
An increase in ATP will allow the body to function more efficiently at every level. It should therefore increase the production of thyroid hormones which are lower than normal in hypothyroidism and help you feel better (more energy, brighter thinking, eight loss etc). This is all of course unless there is another underlying reason for your hypothyroidism that would not be aided by an increase in the availability of cellular energy.
Although I am a qualified Nutritional Therapist, this is all just me thinking out loud, so please do not take any of it as gospel! I will try to do some research on ATP and hypothyroidism and add a more informed and evidence-based reply to this forum thread.
In the meantime if you have any experiences to share using D Ribose and how it may be affection your thyroid function, please do share with us!
For now, best wishes,
Maff
If you are going through hell, keep going - Winston Churchill
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Related Articles:

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds