For a long time now, many people have fought for cannabis and CBD products to be legalized. Governments around the world have responded to these demands and requests by lifting the ban. The global cannabis industry is presently worth around $17.7 billion, and many predictions show that it will hit $31 billion by the end of 2021. This information is good news to weed smokers and even better news to people who eat edibles.
Since its legalization, demand for this substance has increased and widened dramatically. More and more unusual consumers such as older people have surfaced and are placing orders. This has allowed the edible marijuana industry to thrive beyond predictions.
However, this does not take away the stigma attached to any hemp product. Unfortunately, people have branded cannabis as a harmful substance that makes them develop unwanted health complications and adverse side effects. That’s why it is vital to the unknown truths about this substance, and this article will point them out.
What Are Edibles, And How Are They Made?
You may be surprised to know that people have been consuming weed for ages. Humans over the centuries have consumed this medicinal herb to stay healthy and motivated. Manufacturers make edibles by putting marijuana into pastries such as cakes, brownies, and cookies. Some people even infuse it in their tea.
Commonly Believed Myths and Misconceptions
As beneficial as this substance is, the vast majority still believe it is dangerous. Below are some myths and misconceptions people believe about marijuana and why they aren't real.
1. You Don’t Need To Process Your Edibles
Many people think that all you need to do is grow the plant and incorporate it in your brownies or cake. They couldn't be more wrong. The truth is that raw cannabis can't get you high. However, it contains THC, which possesses the psychoactive properties many stoners enjoy. If you want to activate the THC in a process known as decarboxylation, you need to get some fat and infuse your cannabinoids into it.
You can perform this by setting margarine or oil on low heat and adding cannabis. This mixture activates the THC in the cannabis, which means you can add it to your batter. If you fail to do this, you might as well be eating pastries that contain a lot of fiber but no high feeling. Indica flower is a great way to increase the potency of marijuana in your edibles.
2. Eating Mangoes Enhances The Potency And Experience
You need to know that no amount of mangoes would make the weed in your edibles feel more potent. People commonly believe this myth because mangoes and cannabis contain myrcene. Myrcene is a terpenoid that makes mangoes and weed taste and smells so good.
Presently, no credible scientists have conducted any research or studies to confirm or debunk this theory.
3. The Strain Of Weed You Include In Your Brownies Doesn’t Matter
- Acapulco Gold: This strain is one of the best available in the market right now and originates from Mexico. Many people who use this strain praise its potency and happiness-inducing effects. It can also increase your energy levels, making you hyperactive.
- Blue Dream: Compared to Acapulco Gold, this strain gives you a more relaxing, soothing feeling. It is not as potent but can help to relieve you from pain and inflammation.
- Purple Kush: This is a potent weed strain that makes you feel sleepy. Many people use it to cure their insomnia and other sleep-related disorders.
- May improve heart health. People who are regular smokers or edible eaters have attested to the positive effects marijuana has on them. The components in weed suppress their pain and help them to relax more.
- May help people manage anxiety and depression. These mood disorders are very detrimental to society, and more than 1% of Canada's population suffers from this disease.
There are so many myths and misconceptions people believe about marijuana intake. It most certainly won't kill you, and it only produces adverse side effects when you consume too much of the product. Thus, it would be best if you take edibles moderately to experience their full benefits.
Home Testing & Sanitizer: