A book report is a written, meaningful reflection on a literary work. In a written report, key points from a text or a literary work are extracted in order to form a critical summary and justification of a work. You can learn how to write reports with the help of thoughtful reading and subsequent structuring of information. Here are some detailed tips on how you can do it.
Carefully read a task before you begin to analyze a literary work. Most teachers will point out certain aspects that you should pay attention to in your analysis. These include heroes of a literary work, figurative speeches and the subject of discussion.
• Before delving into the reading of the books, decide on potential topics for the subject of your study.
In the process of reading, write annotations to the text. Use a pen and a highlighter to analyze the material read. An annotation will help you analyze a text more profoundly.
- Select an annotation type for each individual text element for analysis. If you read a literary work, you can focus on imagery of speech; determine a subject and additional information about characters, a plot and the artistic atmosphere of a chosen work. Make notes on the margins of the pages to remember the importance of specific sentences.
- Make inscriptions on the title page or the last page of the book. Thus, you can develop your own annotation system.
Allocate a page in your notebook or some word processor for sub-headings. These include a scene of action, characters, antagonist, protagonist, theme, and figurative language. Write the corresponding page numbers opposite each sub-heading so you can quickly return to your annotations while working on the report.
- If you are analyzing a scientific work, you will most likely have to write subheadings such as argumentation, proof, thesis statement, and theory.
Decide on the assignment goals. Perhaps you were asked to analyze a literary work in general terms, or conversely a certain aspect.
- Remember that the score you receive for your book report is affected by how accurately you stick to your assignment requirements, and how thoughtful and good your report is. In case you have some difficulty following your assignment requirements, you may want to check out this adviced source to get some aid in the matter.
Decide on topics you want to discuss in your college book report. We give you several options to choose from (presence of an introduction and conclusions is required).
Home Testing & Sanitizer: