- It is used to assess whether an individual needs help breathing.
- It is used when procedures that will require that the patient be sedated e.g. surgeries, are to be performed. It is usually done during or after the procedure has been performed.
- Sometimes, there are crucial moments when an oxygen ventilator is given to a person. In such situations, there may arise the need to use it to measure how effective the ventilator that has been given to the individual is.
- It is also used to ascertain whether an individual will be able to cope with increased physical activity.
- It can also be used to evaluate how effective a new medication has been in the treatment of lung problems in an individual.
- Generally, people with cardiovascular conditions or respiratory problems will require it.
- It is put on infants, especially those in the intensive care unit to keep watch on their oxygen saturation and also to alert staff if the oxygen saturation works.
From the study so far, there are no side effects arising from its use. It is therefore perfectly safe. The only potential risk during its use is the danger of a false reading. This can occur when it is not properly fitted on the person to be checked or when there is an abrupt change in the positioning of the wearer e.g. when they roll over while asleep.
These however are not frequent occurrences, and therefore no reason to panic. It just means that care should be taken during its use.
Other Things To Note
Generally, it is simply wise that for anyone using or about to get one should properly discuss with and get a doctor’s advice. They should also keep record of its readings over time and constantly report same to the doctor.
They should also be able to read about pulse oximeters for themselves so as to know what it is they are about to get for themselves. Furthermore, it should also only be purchased from properly licensed and recommended manufacturers or health stores.
Certain health challenges require constant monitoring and evaluation. This is to ensure that any emergencies which might, if left unchecked, result in serious health complications are spotted and handled before they get out of hand.
Therefore, if you have certain respiratory challenges, dizziness or difficulty breathing, endeavor to get good medical help and if you can, get a pulse oximeter.
If you like EiR and / or enoyed this content; please help us keep going by leaving a Positive Google Review:
P.S. This is entirely secure, we collect no data other than what is freely available from Google and you can remain anonymous!
Mold Testing & Sanitizer: