2. Kansenshogaku Zasshi. 1989 Jan;63(1):44-51. [Effect of antibiotics and anti-cancer drugs on gastrointestinal infections and dissemination by C. albicans in mice inoculated orally with C. albicans] [Article in Japanese] Suzuki H, Nakamura A, Miyaji M, Nishimura K.
3. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. 2001 Jan;8(1):192-5. Gastrointestinal colonization by Candida albicans mutant strains in antibiotic-treated mice. Wiesner SM, Jechorek RP, Garni RM, Bendel CM, Wells CL. Department of Laboratory Medicine & Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA.
4. Infect Immun. 2004 Sep;72(9):4996-5003. Role of antibiotics and fungal microbiota in driving pulmonary allergic responses. Noverr MC, Noggle RM, Toews GB, Huffnagle GB. Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-0642, USA.
5. Orthopedics. 2005 Mar;28(3):275-9. "Collateral damage": antibiotics and the risk of Clostridium difficile infection. Yam FK, Smith KM. University of Kentucky Chandler Medical Center, Lexington, 40536, USA.
6. Am Fam Physician. 2005 Mar 1;71(5):921-8. Clostridium difficile--associated diarrhea. Schroeder MS. Kaiser Permanente, Family Medicine Residency Program, Fontana, California 92335, USA.
7. Gut fermentation (or the 'Autobrewery') Syndrome: A New Clinical Test with Initial Observations and Discussion of Clinical and Biochemical Implications. Hunnisett A, Howard J, Davies S. J.Nutr.Med. 1990;1:338
8. Klin Lab Diagn. 2004 Nov;(11):11-3. [Circulating immune complexes in the diagnosis of allergic reactions of the immune-complex type. [Article in Russian] [No authors listed]
9. Wien Med Wochenschr. 1994;144(16):399-406. [Chronic fatigue syndrome: immune dysfunction, role of pathogens and toxic agents and neurological and cardial changes] [Article in German] Hilgers A, Frank J. Institut fur angewandte Immunologie und Umweltmedizin, Dusseldorf.
10. Med Hypotheses. 1995 Jun;44(6):507-15. Chronic intestinal candidiasis as a possible etiological factor in the chronic fatigue syndrome. Cater RE 2nd.
12. Bernard EM, Christiansen KJ, Tsang SF, et al. Rate of arabinitol production by pathogenic yeast species. J Clin Microbiol. 1981;14(2):189-194.
13. Lehtonen L, Rantala A, Oksman P, et al. Determination of serum
arabinitol levels by mass spectrometry in patients with postoperative
candidiasis. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 1993;12(5):330-335.
14. Mikrobiyol Bul. 2002 Jan;36(1):99-103. [Enterotoxigenic Bacteroides fragilis as a factor in diarrhea] [Article in Turkish]Durmaz B. Inonu Universitesi Tip Fakultesi, Mikrobiyoloji ve Klinik Mikrobiyoloji Anabilim Dali, Malatya.
15. J Gastroenterol. 2002;37(7):509-16. Quantitative analysis of bacterial DNA from Mycobacteria spp., Bacteroides vulgatus, and Escherichia coli in tissue samples from patients with inflammatory bowel diseases. Fujita H, Eishi Y, Ishige I, Saitoh K, Takizawa T, Arima T, Koike M. Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Japan.
16. Microbiol Immunol. 2002;46(7):487-90. Comparison of four microbial enzymes in Clostridia and Bacteroides isolated from human feces. Nakamura J, Kubota Y, Miyaoka M, Saitoh T, Mizuno F, Benno Y. 4th Department of Internal Medicine, Tokyo Medical University, Japan
17. J Basic Microbiol. 1993;33(1):59-72. Steroid metabolism with intestinal microorganisms. Groh H, Schade K, Horhold-Schubert C.Jenaer Beutenberg-Institute, Wissenschaftler-Integrations-Programm der KAI e.V. Berlin, Jena, Germany.
19. Gut Permeability Measured by Polyethylene Glycol Absorption in Abnormal Gut Fermentation as Compared with Food Intolerance. EatonK, Howard M, McLaren-Howard J. J. R. Soc. Med. 1995;88:63-66.
20. Scand J Gastroenterol. 1997 Jun;32(6):556-63. Luminal bacteria and small-intestinal permeability. Riordan SM, McIver CJ, Thomas DH, Duncombe VM, Bolin TD, Thomas MC. Dept. of Gastroenterology, Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney, Australia.
21. J Pediatr. 1996 Feb;128(2):203-7. Small-bowel bacterial overgrowth in children with chronic diarrhea, abdominal pain, or both. de Boissieu D, Chaussain M, Badoual J, Raymond J, Dupont C. Service de Pediatrie, Hopital Saint Vincent de Paul, Paris, France.
22. J Hum Nutr Diet. 2003 Apr;16(2):119-22. Small bowel bacterial overgrowth and rice malabsorption in healthy and physically disabled older adults. Mitsui T, Kagami H, Kinomoto H, Ito A, Kondo T, Shimaoka K. Research Center of Health, Physical Fitness and Sports, Nagoya University, Furocho, Chikusaku, Japan.
23. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 1991 Jul;13(1):32-8. A pattern of breath hydrogen excretion suggesting small bowel bacterial overgrowth in Burmese village children. Pereira SP, Khin-Maung-U, Bolin TD, Duncombe VM, Nyunt-Nyunt-Wai, Myo-Khin, Linklater JM. Gastrointestinal Unit, School of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia.
24. Gut. 1996 Mar;38(3):365-75. Mucosal antibodies in inflammatory bowel disease are directed against intestinal bacteria. Macpherson A, Khoo UY, Forgacs I, Philpott-Howard J, Bjarnason I. Department of Medicine, King's College School of Medicine, London.
29. Altern Med Rev. 2002 Oct;7(5):410-7.Comment in: Altern Med Rev. 2003 Feb;8(1):3; author reply 4-5. The treatment of small intestinal bacterial overgrowth with enteric-coated peppermint oil: a case report. Logan AC, Beaulne TM. Integrative Care Centre, 3600 Ellesmere Road, Unit 4, Toronto, ON M1C 4Y8, Canada.
30. Ann Rheum Dis. 2004 Apr;63(4):450-2. A link between irritable bowel syndrome and fibromyalgia may be related to findings on lactulose breath testing. Pimentel M, Wallace D, Hallegua D, Chow E, Kong Y, Park S, Lin HC. GI Motility Program, Divisions of Gastroenterology and Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, CSMC Burns & Allen Research Institute, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA.
31. JAMA. 2004 Aug 18;292(7):852-8. Comment in:
Home Testing & Sanitizer: